ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMG ! this has to be a first !

Jap Shed
Bro bought me some Richbrook silver tyre valve caps for xmas.....
All good, until I go to put air in the tyre last week and EVERY ONE is stuck on!!! tried a spanny and mole grips, no joy. tried WD40 too, no joy.

Help?:S

AK

M240i
This happened to me before. Took it too quick fit and the guy just heated it up with a lighter then used two mole grips to twist it off. Either that or it was something like £8 a tyre to get new valves . . .

Always happens with metal dusties mate! Just get some grips on the valve and cap, then twist like fook.

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Theres a thing the garage used on ones my Dad's vectra had called Shock Spray (iirc) nothing else was going to take them off but this spray freezes them and they came off instantly!

iv had metal caps which come of quite easy, well only have three now because some fuker stole one (probally be on a kids bike round my way) anyways, they had like a copper coloured sleave inside. and come off fine. but i have just had ordinary (ripspeed ftl) ones which where a b!tch to get off.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Go find a 8year chav on a bike, he will have no problem getting them off in record time!

will give a lighter a go tomoz!

it prob won't work :( my dad just had all 4 valves replaced today because of this £20 later they off :eek:

u need the ones with the copper sleeve inside no need to grease these ones though they don't bind on copper - copper :approve:

R.I.P Clio
I got some shitty free ones in FastCar mag a few years ago, they are still solidified onto the alloys in my garage at the minute lol, youll need replacement valves m8!

Evo 8 MR
Mine have steel ones on too god only knows why someone would put these on, theres nothing wrong with standard caps so I'll try the aforementioned methods tomorrow.