ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Olly's bargain weekend/trackday BG 182 project.

182 - F56 MCS
This is the first project car/thread I've done and it's most definitely a work in progress but this is it so far as it stands today.

Ok so having been meaning to buy a second car for weekends, Nurburgring visits and track days I finally got myself another Clio 182 after the first one had an arguement with a Transit van (and losing).
imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

This is one came up for sale with a good history, Miltek exhaust and RS Tuner already done from a member on here I started the modifications. I'd already got a set of Cooksport springs before fully deciding on which Clio to buy.

image-10.jpg

Cooksport springs

imagejpg1-2.jpg

with the springs fitted:

image-11.jpg

image-8.jpg

image-7.jpg

Also at this time the rear seats came out, will also be getting rid of the rear seat belts and plastics at some point.

image-9.jpg

Off to Germany for its first test and proper run, car was brilliant but definitely needs better disks and pads, standards are just not up to the job..

image-6.jpg

Decided that I fancy a set of 15" OZ F1's and a straight set came up on here so collected them. As they are track wheels it's rude not to paint them a fairly loud colour, I've gone for Honda Milano red. Only a spray can job but came out decent enough.

As as I collected them:

image-4.jpg

and sprayed

image-5.jpg

Obviously track wheels need track tyres so at £61 a corner got a set of Federal 595 RS-R's in 195-50-15

image-3.jpg

In the back of the car...just.

image-2.jpg

Now on the car to run in before either a trackday or my second trip to the Nurburgring next month.

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Have a few more plans for the car:

Rarb
Brembo disks and either Ferodo or Carbon Lorraine pads
Brake ducts
Smaller steering wheel
drivers side bucket seat, either a Bimarco or Sparco plus harness
Rear cage - Probably next year
Coilovers - Probably Bilstein's as a mix between performance and cost, can't justify £1500 for AST's on a car that cost £2500!

Anyway I shall update as I go.

RB197
Very nice mate. Can't wait to get another set of F1's and paint them red, looks well. I was on my way to collect those f1's but got stuck in traffic so turned round and came home lol! Your plans sound similar to mine, I've got a set of futura's coming tomorrow so can update you how they are when I've fitted them if you want? Also got bilstein b14 coming mid September and hopefully saftey devices October.

Looks nice bud, enjoy it ☺

182 - F56 MCS
Very nice mate. Can't wait to get another set of F1's and paint them red, looks well. I was on my way to collect those f1's but got stuck in traffic so turned round and came home lol! Your plans sound similar to mine, I've got a set of futura's coming tomorrow so can update you how they are when I've fitted them if you want? Also got bilstein b14 coming mid September and hopefully saftey devices October.

Looks nice bud, enjoy it ☺

That would be great mate, which subframe and side mount combo are you going for? Sounds like we'll have carbon copies of each other's cars!

RB197
That would be great mate, which subframe and side mount combo are you going for? Sounds like we'll have carbon copies of each other's cars!
Just went for the omp subs and side mounts mate. I'm guessing you ain't that far from me as you picked them wheels up, we'll have to get them both out on track soon ☺

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Looking good mate, red alloys on black works well. I also had red F1s as my track wheels , I really like the RSRs for the cost of them

182 - F56 MCS
Ok have done a few small things over the past couple of weeks, LED number plate light and more interior has been removed:
image-12.jpg

plus another weekend trip to the Nurburgring, the RSR's felt a lot more composed than the Goodyears F1's I had on before.

image-14.jpg

image-13.jpg

http://youtu.be/DVdEy0tggms

172 Cup
How did the cooksports perform round the ring? Looking to get a set for when I go in my cup, or might stretch a bit more cash and opt for coilovers

182 - F56 MCS
So a few bits have arrived over the last few weeks, all getting fitted within the next few weeks ready for Snetterton at the end of April and then the 'Ring in May.

First off a Safety Devices rear cage from Mark Fish
image_4.jpg

Carbon Lorraine RC6 pads
image_2.jpg

image_1.jpg

Brembo HC disks
image_3.jpg

Sabelt drivers seat and 6 point harness from a Cup Racer plus OMP subframe and side mounts
image_5.jpg

I shall update as everything is fitted.

182 - F56 MCS
So the cage and Sabelt were fitted along with the new brakes. However the seat was just too big for my needs so changed it for a Sparco Rev which suits me much better.
Did an evening session at Snetterton and also another weekend trip to the Nurburgring where the car performed amazingly well. The brakes had no fade at all and gave fantastic confidence plus the seat and harness kept me in place so much better than the standard seat.

]
45704EA5-A990-4FB5-B268-80220B2DE3AA_1.jpg

]
3877102B-EFF5-4F8C-BE78-E756C18F0329_1.jpg

D2C520A8-D265-4793-9D2A-0FFBEBC3A62F.jpg

DBD353E9-9F79-4AB9-A553-E546C97E2DF0_1.jpg

1939887F-2169-4A36-BC7C-072DE383C411.jpg

3DA705C0-1E2F-49E9-87F5-0B9549B91A8D_1.jpg

image_8.jpg

mk1 Octavia VRS
Nice! I really want to do another Nurburgring trip in September but my g/f has other ideas!

Are you still on the Cooksports? Looks like your car corners a bit flatter than mine (I'm on Eibach Pro-Kit), I'd have gone for the Cooksports but got bored of waiting so went for the Eibachs. Do you have any plans for coilovers or are you happy with the track performance and balance with the Cooksports?

Have you tried DS2500s before? That's what I have fitted at the moment but thinking of trying something else once these wear out. I'd be interested to hear a comparison if you have tried both.

Still on for the RR day in July I hope!

182 - F56 MCS
It's been a while since I've updated this, and to be honest not a lot has been done! Mainly just fixing bits that have gone wrong or worn out! First an injector failed before Xmas so 4x brand new Renault ones fitted along with new plugs, service and MoT. Hadn't even got the car home before the battery and stop lights came on followed closely by ABS, airbag and traction control lights! Parked up at home, turned the engine off and couldn't re-start it, dead alternator! Car was picked up yesterday to have a new one fitted!
No new plans for it this year, booked for the Nurburgring late April and will do some UK track days when I can.
Considering selling up also, although I do really enjoy driving it, I'm not sure I can justify it when 90% of the time it's not being used.

BB1F6A61-51CD-425A-B2CC-74854078802C.jpg

Looks like a quality build, love the red wheels, my winter cup wheels might get a change for next year! Don't sell, you'll regret it! (but... if you do decide to sell, I will seriously consider the rear cage. Looks great in white!)

182 - F56 MCS
@LeeRS Ive found them to be more than up to the job really, they're a little soft when really pushing hard but for my ability and needs they work well. Mine were fitted with brand new cup shocks to make sure everything was as it should though. I probably will upgrade to coils, either B14's or BC's in the future but in no rush.