ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/428s/Wilwood/2118

Thanks, guys! :) I'm still a little undecided on the heat shield at the moment.

JackJack, I'll get the photos of the underside of the aerocatch installation this evening. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Looks great Ollie. Could you get a quick pic of the underside of the bonnet where the aerocatch is fitted please?

Rear of the aerocatches. :)

You can get an underside mounting plate too, which makes the installation a little neater (the mounting plate effectively replaces the need for nuts and washers). But, you'd still need to cut a larger hole in the inner skin in order to bolt it together.

6002989700_35400c9378_z.jpg

6002443697_cf00f633c7_z.jpg

While outside getting those photos, I got a few more of the engine bay too with the nimbus heat shield. :)

What's peoples thoughts on the heat shield, as I'm not entirely convinced by it at the moment. :eek:

6002988546_74770be5d7_z.jpg

6002442831_260221cbeb_z.jpg

6002989426_31cc8d0d78_z.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

I'm just a little concerned about the loom and pipework that's sitting opposite the manifold; as my heat shield doesn't extend down far enough to cover them.

I've made sure it's all clipped and secured properly now (so the loom can't fall down onto the manifold again and melt some more plastic cover :eek: ), but will it do any damage having it uncovered?

RB One Eight Two

Amazing.

Top work mate, one of my favourite cars on here as you already know. Keep up the good work!

Evo 5 RS

I'm just a little concerned about the loom and pipework that's sitting opposite the manifold; as my heat shield doesn't extend down far enough to cover them.

I've made sure it's all clipped and secured properly now (so the loom can't fall down onto the manifold again and melt some more plastic cover :eek: ), but will it do any damage having it uncovered?

I've been running without one for like 3 months and my engine if any at all would probably get slightly hotter than yours..

You've just got to be careful of the brake lines.. Stupid sodding french poxy design that is anyway..

Oh I know lets put these right by the hottest point on the entire car...heehoor heehoor

Ollie's Silver Cup

That heat protective loom wrap from 'tweaks looks pretty good.

My other option is to buy a bigger section of nimbus heat shield and re-do it. Can get a piece double the size for quite a reasonable price, which would be big enough to extend down and cover the loom and pipes. :)

Owen

ClioSport Admin

Love the heat shield, really freshens up the bay. Could always just graft an F50 style bonnet vent onto the beast, improves air flow no end apparently.

Awesome as per, Oli. Excuse my ignorance here, but what exactly do these aero catches do?

(btw, I still want to buy your car when I hand the 200 back to Renault ;) )

Awesome as per, Oli. Excuse my ignorance here, but what exactly do these aero catches do?

(btw, I still want to buy your car when I hand the 200 back to Renault ;) )

They hold the bonnet shut and look better than 'traditional' bonnet pins.

Ollie's Silver Cup

HARPHAMOMINOM, as Jack said, they're usually used to secure the bonnet and are more aesthetically pleasing than regular bonnet pins. :)

They can be used on any panel really; Bomber has them holding his front bumper on iirc.

As I've still got my catch in place at the moment too, they're really serving no purpose at present than looking pretty cool. haha! :eek:

I've, also, just ordered a new heat shield from Nimbus Motorsport.

Same as the stuff I have on it now, but around twice the size. Whereas the current piece is 300mm in height, the new section is 600mm meaning the loom and brake pipes will be nicely protected this time around! :D

It's also quite a bit wider too, so can be neatly cut/trimmed to fit the bulkhead nicely. :approve:

Hopefully it'll arrive soon, as I'm not entirely confident driving with the brake lines that close to the manifold without any shielding over them.

Other ongoing stuff; liaising with Tom@JMS regards running my 428's alongside the RS2. Hopefully it won't be long now before there's some feedback on this. :)

Awaiting for a number of lovely new carbon goodies from Steamline. Think it's been around 3 weeks since ordering (they quote roughly 30days iirc) so they should be here soon too! :D

Seats! For a while I've had it decided that I'll be using Recaro Pole Positions or Furious fixed buckets. I can't really see any benefit of spending the extra couple of hundred for PP's, when the Furious model appears near enough identical in the black fabric finish. Capital seating are only down the road too, which is ideal. ;)

I'm assuming I can use Cobra extra low frames with these? As the Recaro frames/runners seem to make them sit pretty high!

Evo 5 RS

The recaro subframes are too high yes. I've modified mine to sit lower though as couldn't be arsed changing them

Your brake lines will be fine for now mate, honestly. Just don't take it on track like that as you'd definitely boil the fluid then. lol

Ollie's Silver Cup

The recaro subframes are too high yes. I've modified mine to sit lower though as couldn't be arsed changing them

Your brake lines will be fine for now mate, honestly. Just don't take it on track like that as you'd definitely boil the fluid then. lol

What Recaro's are you using, I can't remember from your thread? I think, as I'll obviously have to buy subframes anyway, then the cobra extra low are the probably the way to go. :)

I'm only really driving to work and back over the next few days anyway, so it's not really an issue for now. Ill probably get the heat shield swapped over as soon as it arrives just to be on the safe side though.

Evo 5 RS

Mine aren't recaros, only the subframes ;) They're fibre glass, and unbranded.. but they're comfy as hell and I don't really fancy changing them (not yet anyway)

Clio 182

Looking very good!

Tip:
Remove the foam of the airconditioning pipes. See the red dot.
Foto-IAPKWX8C.jpg
It's better against corrosion!
And less weight. ;)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Mine aren't recaros, only the subframes ;) They're fibre glass, and unbranded.. but they're comfy as hell and I don't really fancy changing them (not yet anyway)

where did u get unbranded seats from??

Evo 5 RS

Top secret, plus it's thread hijacking ;)

The subframes aren't modified, Olly. I drilled the seats as low as I could to make the ride height acceptable

Ollie's Silver Cup

Just had an email to say my new more adequately sized nimbus heat shield has been dispatched. Hurrah! :approve:

Impressive service, considering I only ordered it today.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Skillz! ;)

6009830444_603a1af635_z.jpg

Been out and measured some dimensions for the larger heat shield. I can see one of two ways to do it really, either the same as it is but deeper to cover the pipes/loom/cable, or run it along more of the bulk head behind the header tank, etc.

I'll probably try the second option first, as I can always cut it down if it's not right.

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow, if not, Monday. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Today's nice little addition; the 200/250 style RenaultSport badge.

I'd been wanting one for a while actually, but hadn't gotten around to ordering one. The Wests Renault CSS special prices motivated me into sorting it! :approve:

It's much more modern design really freshens up the back! :D

6014836929_e7e16dcb9d_z.jpg

6015387796_1238a17b8c_z.jpg

6015388522_67b04409d1_z.jpg

6014837431_5604293cc2_z.jpg

Clio 197 RB

Top secret, plus it's thread hijacking ;)

The subframes aren't modified, Olly. I drilled the seats as low as I could to make the ride height acceptable

Why is it top secret?? Surely they would want people to know about them!?
I really like the look of those seats.
Do you have a link to a thread where you have used them otlr where I could get them from!?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Perfect clio, everything about this is mint! I love the engine bay, best one ive seen!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thanks, I'm really happy with how the engine bay looks :)

Just need to keep it clean now from dirt, oil, grease, etc ;)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Not keen on the Badge myself... otherwise the car is looking clean as always!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Not keen on the Badge myself... otherwise the car is looking clean as always!

Nooooooo!! I really dont like these badges on the 1*2s. Just looks wrong imo.

:rasp:

I love the badge. I was a little unsure of whether to go for this or the 197 one. I think this tidies up the back end nicely though. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

I had a carbon wrapped standard clio badge on there before, but was never 100% happy with how it looks.

Much much prefer this; it's my favourite badge design actually. :)

182 Turbo Project

I personally think it would look better with the new shape RS badge on the left hand side, along with a standard Clio badge on the right.

Would look really smart, imo.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

:rasp:

I love the badge. I was a little unsure of whether to go for this or the 197 one. I think this tidies up the back end nicely though. :)

I still run with the clio badge and the 197 badge in place of the Renault Sport one -

67112b62.jpg