ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Iceberg 172 Cup Project

Also to add, the off-centre steering wheel issue has disappeared now too! So, I'm assuming it was down to a fucked rear damper, or the tracking; either way, it feels great to drive :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Just ordered some new cleaning products ready to give the car a thorough going over in the next couple of weeks; snow foam, a fresh clay bar and dodo juice supernatural wax :)

Currently trying to decide on an exhaust too. Looking at either yozza race system or the ktr supersport stealth with decat; peoples opinions on the yozza seem fantastic, especially with regards to noise and quality! However, I like the exhaust being hidden behind the bumper to keep to oem look. Any opinions would be much appreciated? :D

Just to update this thread with a few photos posted elsewhere on the site too :)

4451370078_9667f0f4e7.jpg

4451371898_01d8bb1556.jpg

4450598857_c6290f0780.jpg

4441533096_1d7b3cdc1e.jpg

4441531992_ffa8183c4a.jpg

4441532766_0014dccf3c.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

Spent this morning cleaning the car; my snow foam and dodo juice supernatural wax arrived yesterday, so wanted to get it done before it rained again! :)

Snow foamed, then washed using AG shampoo/conditioner, SRP then dodo juice supernatural wax; really happy with the results :D

4483524295_5f2bd72292.jpg

4484174286_b8969218d9.jpg

4483523539_8d688a1c13.jpg

4483523915_344a7ba98f.jpg

It's raining again now though :dapprove: lol!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Cheers :D

Think I've decided on the k-tec ss stealth exhaust; hopefully get this ordered soon :approve:

As much as I'd like the yozza race system, it is an everyday car and I think the noise may be a little too intense using it day in day out.

I also really like the exhaust being hidden behind the rear bumper, so the stealth seems a good choice :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Good choice. I have a ktec SS stealth, I find it fine for everyday driving..

However I'm after a yozzasport race system next-soon :evil:

Iceberg 172

Hi Oliver,

Cup is looking amazing!

The K Tec SS Stealth exhaust is relatively noisy when giving it some... TBF my old Cup was decated as well so possibly making it a tad louder.

I'm still in 2 minds whether to fit the cat back to my 172 or leave it std and just keep the SS exhaust for when my std one falls off or even get the K Tec Super Stealth Mild Steel exhaust as that's supposed to be very close to std noise.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Good choice. I have a ktec SS stealth, I find it fine for everyday driving..

However I'm after a yozzasport race system next-soon :evil:

:D

Do you have the centre section silencer? or the straight through louder version?

Have you had the 'sagging' problem with the mounting at all? I've seen a few threads on and it's the only thing putting me off tbh!

I was considering the yozza, but don't think it's the best idea for use everyday. The look's more track schlag too I think! I like the subtlety and oem look of the stealth :)

Hi Oliver,

Cup is looking amazing!

The K Tec SS Stealth exhaust is relatively noisy when giving it some... TBF my old Cup was decated as well so possibly making it a tad louder.

I'm still in 2 minds whether to fit the cat back to my 172 or leave it std and just keep the SS exhaust for when my std one falls off or even get the K Tec Super Stealth Mild Steel exhaust as that's supposed to be very close to std noise.

I'm thinking possibly decat with it too, however, may wait until after mot before doing that :)

Last edited:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

:D

Do you have the centre section silencer? or the straight through louder version?

Have you had the 'sagging' problem with the mounting at all? I've seen a few threads on and it's the only thing putting me off tbh!

I was considering the yozza, but don't think it's the best idea for use everyday. The look's more track schlag too I think! I like the subtlety and oem look of the stealth :)

I'm thinking possibly decat with it too, however, may wait until after mot before doing that :)

I have the SS cat back system, I've had no problems with sagging, my exhaust is still stealth (fitted at K-tec)

Mine sounds like this, a bit louder, due to the maxogen..

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7URiUB21WK4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7URiUB21WK4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I agree about the Yozzasport race system. I'll be fitting mine when the car is just a weekend toy.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Quick update, just ordered the exhaust; decided on k-tec super sport stealth :)

Ordered new exhausts mounts too, as the existing ones don't look in all that great condition!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Noooooooooo drooooooone! Yozza stealth all the way, and there is a group buy on at the moment! I've had two Ktec's and hated them :(

Car looks ace as always

Ollie's Silver Cup

Noooooooooo drooooooone! Yozza stealth all the way, and there is a group buy on at the moment! I've had two Ktec's and hated them :(

Car looks ace as always

I wanted something with a bit of noise to it :eek: :D

The yozza stealth is similar to oe noise isn't it? Sold as a replacement system?

If it is a bit loud it shouldn't be too much of an issue, I don't do that many motorway miles :)

Oliver... Do you fancy coming and giving my car a clean and taking pics!?

I might be down Surrey way soon, so could do photos :approve:

Iceberg 172

Let me know! I'll be up for meeting you somewhere for a mini photo shoot... Just give me some warning so I can have a few days to clean mine!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Let me know! I'll be up for meeting you somewhere for a mini photo shoot... Just give me some warning so I can have a few days to clean mine!

Sounds good! I've supposed to have been going to stay with friends down there since about November :eek: lol! Must do it soon! :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Just got home from work to find a delivery waiting for me; exhaust arrived already!

Excellent service as usual from ktec :D

k-tec super sport stealth :)

4499956961_f68ba25e0c.jpg

4500592728_fd2a4d8f64.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

I got that boooooooooooooom booooooooooooooom pow

;)

Iceberg 172

Nice! I've decided to put mine on as well now!

Are you just having a cat back or are you getting a decat as well??

Audi TT 3.2

id get a decat if i waas you! ive just put my car back on as i have my mot on tuesday and it really feels restricted so much! car wait to get it back on again!

Ollie's Silver Cup

I'll probably be going de-cat too :)

Maybe give it a couple of months though before buying it; it's been an expensive month with the coilovers, engine mounts, top mounts and now exhaust :eek:

Dynamique

I really love Iceberg silver...super job so far :cool:

Many more plans? Will this be seeing some track action?

Iceberg 172

id get a decat if i waas you! ive just put my car back on as i have my mot on tuesday and it really feels restricted so much! car wait to get it back on again!

Really? I didn't notice much difference between my cup with a decat and my 172 with a cat tbh.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Same Exhaust Im running on my Cup.... At first it was pretty quiet but after 1k miles or so its now got a nice Note and pops and burbles on over-run.

Ive got a 182 manifold and Sports CAT waiting to be fitted to mine when the weathers a bit better.

Ollie's Silver Cup

I really love Iceberg silver...super job so far :cool:

Many more plans? Will this be seeing some track action?

Cheers :D

Probably de-cat and whiteline adjustable arb next. Once I've worn through the current discs/pads I'll go for something uprated; Brembo max or HC discs with carbone lorraine or ds2500 pads most likely :)

Same Exhaust Im running on my Cup.... At first it was pretty quiet but after 1k miles or so its now got a nice Note and pops and burbles on over-run.

Ive got a 182 manifold and Sports CAT waiting to be fitted to mine when the weathers a bit better.

I'm looking forward to getting it on, could do with booking a day off work to get it sorted tbh! Will be interested to see if mine's going to pop too :D

Weathers getting there now! :cool:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Spent pretty much all day Saturday cleaning the car :D

Started with some snow foam, then washed using AG shampoo & conditioner, followed by clay baring with AG clay bar & rapid detailer, polished with AG super resin polish, sealed with AG extra gloss protection and then finally waxed with dodo juice supernatural :)

4510510599_ba55114821.jpg

Photos in thread in clio media section: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=501067

Will get the car booked in for the fitting of the exhaust this week; hoping there's time to get it fitted this coming week :D

My front pads are starting to look a little low, so these will need replacing soon! There looks to be a small hairline crack in one of the front discs too :S

I think I'll be going uprated with the replacements; looking at either Brembo max or Brembo hc discs. Any advice on which to go for? Mostly road use, occasional track use I imagine. :)

Similarly with pads, opinions of Carbone Lorraine and Ferodo ds2500?

Ollie's Silver Cup

Booked in for exhaust to be fitted on Friday; day off work too :D

Cannot wait for it to be on the car now :)

Iceberg 172

Car is looking sublime!

Out of interest... Have you painted all your front grills??? I need to do this!!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Car is looking sublime!

Out of interest... Have you painted all your front grills??? I need to do this!!

Nope, they've not been painted, just standard.

I used AG bumper care on them before taking these photos though :)