ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old skool number plates

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso

Does anyone know if its legal to use one of those old style black and silver number plates that old cars have?

Dont wanna mess about with font or anything like that, just have a standard direct replacement in black and silver, but not sure if you can...

cheers
James.

hes right, although i have seen a few newish cars round my way with the old plates on (one was an 03 reg) so its not like they have an old reg on a new car.
some one on here had them on their 182 as well.

loads of people round here have them, people over here really take the piss with there number plates, one guy has got light blue plates on his light blue 206, someone else has got black plates with red writing the lsit goes on. and i bet if i respaced mine or sumfing id get caught and done lol

clio 172 MKII

the best ones Ive seen are the ones where the people have not taken off the backing paper !!= Pink on the front and a sort of day glow orange on the back - what is the world coming to I ask you!

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso

oh well - thought itd look nicer with my 16v being silver... I dont like the way the yellow plate at the back looks! Just being picky I know but itd have been nice...

Cant really see the problem personally - its not like im trying to make an old car look new or anything. And the spacing etc is obviously legal as theyre on old cars... oh well...!

Theres a black Lambo up the road from me with old skool registration plates...

hes also had it de-badged and replaced them with a "Smart" sticker from a smart car PMSL.