ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old forum member looking to re-join!

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
Hi all, used this forum a fair bit back in 2007/8 when I was driving clios.

Since then I've had a pug 106, vw polo, punto, and my current daily drive is an '89 ph2 R5

a4aga4yq.jpg

Come springtime my fiancée is due to drop our first sprog so the R5 is gonna have to go as it's really not practical or safe enough for transporting a baby around.

So I'm looking at getting back into clios, most probably a 5dr for practicality, with some light and hopefully tasteful mods so I don't feel like too much of an old man!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Welcome back :) That R5 looks in great condition for its age

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Welcome back!

Have you thought about a Megane for a baby carrier? The Renault sport Meganes can be had for not much money now days and there are a few 5 doors about.

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
Thanks, that photo does hide a lot of imperfections to be honest!

It's fun to drive but with no power steering, manual choke, and a 4 speed box it's not a car you can relax in, you really have to stay alert! I'm looking forward to getting back in something a little more modern with some basic creature comforts.

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
I've never been a big fan of the megane, it's been a while since I've looked at them though, maybe a test drive is in order.

I'm also not looking for an RS model, sorry to disappoint. Having this baby will be testing the finances already without adding a large insurance premium on top. I'm more a fan of taking base models and then playing with basic mods to achieve a better look/ride.

For example the R5 above is a 1.1 campus putting out a massive 45bhp ;)

It's got GT turbo shocks, wheels and -30mm springs. And has been treated to a respray at some point.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome back!

My daughter is 9 months old and i regularly transport her around in my 172 Cup. Its cheap to run and fits absolutely everything in the boot!