ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old and new!

MkV Golf R32
Here's a few pictures of my old 197 and some of my new 182. Plus afew sneaky ones of a meet along time ago.

26062008157.gif

29062008164.gif

26062008156.gif

26062008158.gif

eb7b9ba0.gif

2ffccbf1.gif

f24db096.gif

acee4875.gif

MagnaP_083.gif

MagnaP_066-1.gif

MagnaP_067.gif

Comments welcome, and any opinions on what to do next.

Crappy work hire car
You had to swap that gorgeous 197 for a 182? Gutted for you!

The 182 does look good though, but that 197 was sex on wheels

MkV Golf R32
Yeh the 197 had to move way for house, but I will be in one again once I find my feet again.

197 feels much bigger than the 182 but this makes the 182 feel a little quicker. However ATM I don't have as much confidence when cornering in the 182 than I did in the 197 but I'm sure that will change. Haven't had chance to have a good drive yet.

Two things I miss from the 197, the brakes and keyless go. Wish I never sold it but a house is a bigger concern for me. But I managed to get hold of a nice 182 for a decent price. And I have xenon lights and CC, two things I never had before, why wernt xenons standard equipment for the 197?

Looks wise, the 197 got more looks from public and IMO looked better than my 182 buts my own opinion.

The main thing is I am enjoying the 182 just as much as I
did when I had my 197.

Crappy work hire car
Fair enough mate if you needed a house, like you say you can always get a replacement when you're settled and next time have xenons and CC!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
the 182 is lovely, saw it forsale a while back :) strange to see a few people going from 197's to 182's when needing to downgrade :)

340i
ahhh you have brought Toms 182.... nice car that, such a clean example!

Worked on exclusively by Gray-Motorsport aswell ;)

MkV Golf R32
the 182 is lovely, saw it forsale a while back :) strange to see a few people going from 197's to 182's when needing to downgrade :)
I wouldnt say it was a downgrade as such, the performance is relatively (sp) the same. Just the 182 is cheaper to buy and I could free up some cash. If I am honest I would of liked to keep the 197 and buy a ph1 trackday car but cant have everything :dapprove:

Lovely 182, 197 was nice, but I think spacers ruined it.
Everyone has thier own opinion thats why you will hardly see two cars the same ;) But with the spacers the wheel werent lost in arches anymore.

ahhh you have brought Toms 182.... nice car that, such a clean example!

Worked on exclusively by Gray-Motorsport aswell ;)
Yeh this is Tom's (T26TGT) old car indeed.

Gray-Motorsport?? That a good thing? ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
What would you suggest downgrading to?
oh i would definately downgrade to a 182 if I owned a 197 and needed to free up some cash, just think of the arguments people have over whats better etc

lovely motor though

MkV Golf R32
I think they were 25mm hubcentric h&r's.

I don't have any pictures before my car was sold, it looked like ste burns's off here! Just to give u an idea.

Mini Clubman
no yet mate but got the company car on its way. didnt go for the cooper s, went for a clubman d with all the JCW extras. make some money off the mileage if i got a diesel lol