ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OK to leave iPod connected all the time?

Trophy #387
Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything. Just fitted a Connects2 adapter to the standard HU but is it OK to leave the iPod connected all the time without killing the battery? I've done this in previous cars (BMW & Audi) without any problem.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yes, it's perfectly fine.

The iPod is powered from the headunit, when you kill your engine/ignition and your headunit turns off, so does your iPod.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
As above. Shouldn't be a problem...the top up charge it receives will be similar to that which powers your alarm...so won't cause any issues unless you have a cap battery in need of sorting out.

Put the iPod on airplane mode and it'll have a standby time of weeks no doubt.

Alternatively leave wifi on, park close enough to your house and sync it wirelessly. Plug it in and forget. Literally never has to leave the car again.

Trophy #387
It's an old iPod photo that I've had in various cars for years so no wifi etc to worry about and I just sync it once a month. So far so good anyway; No battery issues and it works great with the Connects2.