ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil - You get what you pay for!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
How do you rate this oil?.ive been using it in my 172 for the last 3 years with no problems,but may change on my next oil change,what do you recommend for a mid range oil please mate?

View attachment 173095 View attachment 173096

To be honest I do not rate it for any kind performance use. It is made to the lowest possible cost!
Cheers
Guy

I second @oilman , I have worked for Euro Car Parts 3 times and know there products inside out and Triple QX is there own brand made at the cheapest possible cost, I would actually rather put chip fat in my car than Triple QX products.
I fully understand that if its a track car or fast road car / Semi track car and you want the best of the best use a special oil made for that in mind but if not and its a daily driver for doing the school run, Shopping and meeting mates at football then use what Renault have designed and developed for the car in question IMHO.
I see nothing wrong with Renaults own brand of oil for a daily and its cheap enough also.
My car is serviced up to 2 times a year using genuine Renault parts and genuine Renault oil and no issues at all.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I second @oilman , I have worked for Euro Car Parts 3 times and know there products inside out and Triple QX is there own brand made at the cheapest possible cost, I would actually rather put chip fat in my car than Triple QX products.
I fully understand that if its a track car or fast road car / Semi track car and you want the best of the best use a special oil made for that in mind but if not and its a daily driver for doing the school run, Shopping and meeting mates at football then use what Renault have designed and developed for the car in question IMHO.
I see nothing wrong with Renaults own brand of oil for a daily and its cheap enough also.
My car is serviced up to 2 times a year using genuine Renault parts and genuine Renault oil and no issues at all.

Ah ok,ive been using it and never hand any issues with it to be honest,but i would like to use a better fully synthetic oil but one from the mid range of 5w40 oils,would nice to use an oil from ECP as its quick and easier to get the oil and they always have offers on.