ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Temperature sensor??

Mk2 172
I want to fit an oil temp gauge in my 182. Has anyone done this and if so whats needed etc. I know i need a sensor and gauge and i know how to wire it up etc but is there a spare plug in the sump on the 182's???
If not has anyone done anything else

Any help would be great :)
Dan

172 cup'd extreme
Use the combined temp and level sensor from a valver, thats what i used. Screw it into your oil level hole and use the spare wire for your oil temp gauge.

182 trackday racer
Hi there Dan!

I mounted my oiltemp sensor in the oil plug. Took the cable back under the exhaust heatshields (in a hard plastic tube) and drilled a small hole in the gearlever column just big enough for the cable to come through. Then I took the power for the gauge from the cigarett lighter.

8783-new_2008-07-12-3.jpg

Lots of Alfas
Had a look on dialogies and cannot find it, anyone know the vehicle type code for a valver or williams??