ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Temperature & Oil Coolers

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Can someone with experience tell me what the oil temperatures are like on a throttle bodied 172 on track on a hot summers day with or without a cooler fitted??

Unsure whether a 16 row oil cooler is going to be overkill or whether to go with a 13 row.

Cheers

Lee

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I'm in 2 minds about these as well mate, as mine won't be throttle bodies, just cammed, is it still worth it?

How's it coming along?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i've gone for a 16 row with thermostatic plate, overkill ftw :D

gearbox will probably die before oil gets hot enough to use it though lmao

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Right then.....13 row & thermoplate it is then - least I'll have some people to blame if the oils still too hot! lol

John - yeh defo worth it mate. With regards to how everythings doing....its doing good ta - collecting up a right stack of bits to fit as & when. In fact the only thing I really have left to buy is a rollcage!

Now for the most important decision......a silver or black cooler......oh & I can feel the aeroquip bug starting to bite too!!! £££££££££££££££

Cheers guys

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Too late.....got silver one but nothing that a black rattle can of heat resistant paint wont/cant sort.

13 row ordered.....thermoplate ordered....

ITB'd MK1
black setrab

put one of those on my s13, 42 row with 3/4 inlets, had to put a 100 degree thermostat in the sandwich plate to get the oil warm. The thing's nearly brand new and it's got a hole that i can't find though :( had to put a 10 row mocal on (well, completely bypassed for winter TBH) need to get my Setrab fixed and back on though.