ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil temp gauge..

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
Evening all, have done a search and couldn't find an answer but no doubt it's been covered before.

I have bought a oil temp gauge for my turbo clio as I would like to know how soon after leaving my house it's safe to give it some beans. it's a bit of an OCD and i would really like to know when it's warm.

i have the gauge dial installed already, and I'm a bit miffed by the sensor I have to plumb in, easiest thing to me would be drill it into the sump, but I really don't fancy taking it off, people have told me I can screw it into a sandwich plate inbetween the oil filter but I don't really understand what I need, I'll try get a photo a thread size of the sensor-end when I get to the unit next.

any help appreciated!

mint

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Have you got a photo of where you fitted the gauge?

I'm sure Chip will be able to advise you on the sensor fitment.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
a8y9ebys.jpg
It's not exactly pretty but it will be serving a purpose.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks alright, I'm looking to bin the radio in mine to fit an oil temp and pressure gauge strikes me as a good idea seeing as I've just shelled out for a new engine.

Many.
There might be a better place on a clio that I don't know, but a sandwich plate like this, with the right thread if possible (find out what thread your sensor is, or you can get loads of adaptors)
d61.jpg

You may find you can tee it into the oil feed for your turbo though.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
There might be a better place on a clio that I don't know, but a sandwich plate like this, with the right thread if possible (find out what thread your sensor is, or you can get loads of adaptors)
You may find you can tee it into the oil feed for your turbo though.

Yeah I've got a mocal cooler sitting at the unit that I've not got round to fitting yet. I'll check the side of that for a hole. If not I'll look for another sandwich plate. Thanks for that. :)

Many.
If it hasn't got fittings for a sensor already, you can get oil cooler ones that have the extra fittings for sensors too.