ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil return to gearbox

Is the oil in the F4R gearbox the same as in the engine and do the two communicate. My reason for asking is that I saw a somewhat unusual oil breather system yeterday on a race cup at Jonathan Palmer and the crankcase breather fed to a plastic tank and from there a second pipe went straight back into a tap in the gearbox housing.

Cheers for info. P

Trophy

Dont think so.

Probably just collecting the oil from both areas, as they both breath when under heavy use.

Mat.

JJ, the clio racers have sealed engines and little scope to do any of that stuff. the only car Ive seen so far with this system is the JPsport cup which had a complex breather and sandwich plate sitting below the oil filter etc, etc.

Colins on the case anyway .. Im trying to gather some info on this

oil catch tank probably, didnt realise people put elaborate breathers on gearbox as such though, learn something new every day

Trophy

I know if you put the recommended amount of oil in the gearbox, you will loose some through the hole when thrashing it.

Mat.