ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil level problem :-(

clio 1.4
Ok so this is a bit odd to me, I'm not sure if the 1.4 16v just use alot of oil or what but I've found my oil level is dropping, I wouldn't say regularly but more often than any other car I've owned.

So the technical bits I've done, I've had it pressure checked, all good. There are no leaks anywhere, oil filter is new with no problems there and water is all good and blue with antifreeze.

Can anyone maybe help shed some light on why it may be losing or using oil? Much appreciated

renault clio 1.4 16v
my 1.4 16v dosnt eat oil at all, if there are no leaks anywhere and your oil isnt discoloured or anything as if the head gasket is at fault then the only other place it can be going is past the rings... is there any smoke comeing out the exhaust when you give it the beans? any other faults or noises with the engine?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's either dropping it or burning it as above. The question is how fast and is it acceptable "use"

clio 1.4
I've checked as much as I know where to look and there's no sign of dried or burnt off oil, the oil light seems to come on every 3-4k miles