ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak

Monaco 172
Okay my 1.2 Clio is leaking a reasonable amount of oil considering it is only being sat stationary for about an hour. its from the front end of the engine and you can see where it is coming from on the underside, looks like some sort of plug (don't quote me). Any help on the issue and what I would do about getting it sorted would help loads. Will it be a driveway job or need sending into the garage.

Has the car had a service recently?

Sounds like the sump plug is loose. Either that or the seal has perished and oil is leaking through.

You can either tighten it yourself and see if that stops it, failing the you will need to take it out (and dump all your oil ) and get a new sump plug/washer/seal and put that in and fill it back up with oil.

Monaco 172
It has had a very recent service, about 700 miles ago. Sounds about right there it is just good to get some advice.

Sounds like the sump plug hasn't been fully tightened to me.

Get it up on some jacks and get it tightened. Don't drive it until you do.

The last thing you want is the sump plug to fall out, dump all your oil over the road and nacker your engine, as then your left with a nasty repair bill.