ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil in antifreeze expansion bottle

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Ok so basically, i had to renew the thermostat housing unit on my k4m engine, since oil had gotten into the coolant. before i did this i got the system pressure checked for possible head gasket and it was ok.

Since the coolant was emptied, thermostat housing was changed and new coolant got put in. i noticed a few weeks later that oil was still reappearing in the bottle, and was told it was probably from in the radiator and to give it a good flush at some point.

on saturday, i flushed the system about 14 times with water and flushing agent. i removed the hose on the bottom of the radiator (which is an absolute t**t in the clio lol that annoying spring clip) as per what it said in haynes. i had a look in there today and the is oil again in the top part of the bottle. not as much as before but still oil.

one thing i did wonder is when flushing the radiator how to flush the engine as well? since in theory there would be oil in there too???

am i just going to have to keep cleaning out the expansion tank bottle untill its all out?