ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil in air box/filter

B93

Clio 1.2 16v
I've been fiddling around with bits of my engine and .I;ve found a coating of oil in my air filter box, and what looks to be a fairly decent amount impregnated into the air filter itself. Does anyone know what the cause could be? A quick search online has told me that my car is likely to blow up and kill me and my family, but I'm used to my Clio doing s*** like this for no real ason (last time it was tha mayonaise under the oil cap!)

Given that in its 15 year life span its only done 25k miles, I'm kind of hoping that this isn't catastrophic in any way as the general internet suggests?

Thanks for any help anyone could lend me!

monaco 172
What car is it? On a 172 the only way I can see oil getting to the aorbox would be from the breather pipe attached to the airbox

B93

Clio 1.2 16v
What car is it? On a 172 the only way I can see oil getting to the aorbox would be from the breather pipe attached to the airbox
Sorry, its justr a 1.2 16v (D4F engine), there is a second pipe, presumable a breater pipe attached to the airbox as well though. Is it something I need to fix, or am I alright just leaving it?