ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil & Filter Questions

2001 Clio Sport 16v
Hi all,

I've got a 2001 (Y) clio 1.2 Sport 16v, done 100,800 miles and I want to do a oil and filter change (not done one myself before). I know 10w 40 has been used in it but I'm just looking on eurocarparts, Castrol 4 litre is semi synth and there's Shell Helix which is a bit cheap and just says Synthetic, would it be better to go with semi or fully?

Also, there seems to be a mix of filters on there.. some paper insert looking ones and others that are what I'd call normal looking filters - black plastic ones. Does anyone know which type mine will have or if there is an easy way to find out?

Thanks

Lionel Richie
Oil - its upto you and your pocket, you can use either 10W40 semi (cheaper normally) or the better 5W40 fully syn

oil filter you'll need to check, turn the steering full lock left and look behind the drivers front wheel (take a pic and post it if you want)

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
As Fred said, fully synth oil is better and allows you to go longer between oil changes, and there are two types either paper or filter, it can be seen through the wheel arch from the drivers side.

2001 Clio Sport 16v
Heya, Thanks for your help! :)

I had a look myself but wasn't sure what/where to look so I've taken a pic if it's of any help?
DSCF6674_zps1393e2fb.jpg