ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil change - Need a oil pan and where to dispose?

Hopefully I'll have a crack at changing the oil tomorrow.

2 things:

1) Where can I buy a oil drain pan, or something similar? (at a shop, so need it tomorrow)

2) Where/how do you dispose of the used oil?

Ta

:)

* Title should read an ;)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure what local shops that will sell oil drain pans, maybe try halfrauds?

Then just take you're old oil to the local tip.

Well it doesn't have to be a specific oil drain pan, anything suitable that will hold 5+ litres of fluid (and fit under the car)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Go to a local pound shop, buy a cheapo plastic container.

When you've changed the oil, pour it back into the new oil bottle (that will now be empty) and take it to your local authority refuse centre.

Suzuki Jimny
You are oil?

I use a catch tank thingy from halfords, then just take it to the tip and pour it in the used oil drum :)

Ta chaps.

From looking at the service history, it was only 3000 miles ago the engine oil was last changed, but that was in November last year. Worth doing again?

PH2 Flamer
I use an old washing up bowl. And then just pour it into the new empty container using a funnel.

Job done.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
On something like yours, I'd be wanting to change it every 3000 miles/6months maximum.

Its cheap, takes no time at all and does nothing but benefit the engine.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I use a container thats got a screw on lid. It holds 5l and then when you take it to the council tip/dump to dispose you open a little valve near the bottom and it empties itself out nice and cleanly.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
get kwik fit or national tyres to do it both use top quality oils (mobile 1 and castrol) and start from £26.10 works out the same price or cheaper as it would cost you for an oil and filter ect saves you getting dirty lol and also can get a stamp in your book.

if you book online you can save money also and national tyres have a 10% voucher https://www.national.co.uk/special-offers-oil.aspx

You're joking if you think I'm letting those lot to do an oil change on an Exige!! They'll probably look for the engine in the front!

And I bet they don't use PROPER quality oil either.

I did earlier today anyway. Piece of piss to do, but I may have overfilled the oil a bit.....but I'm not sure if it's just because the oil hasn't fully 'distributed' yet. (twin oil coolers at the front of the car see)

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
F**k using a fast fit centre to do an oil change. I don't even trust them to change a wheel.
Benlee do you happen to work for Kwiks**t or similar?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
i have worked for both places in the passed as an MOT tester and they do use mobile 1 and castrol. you do get good centres and bad ones like any trade.