ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil breather throttle bodies/rs2 ???

172 cup
What you you guys do with the crank case breather once you have removed the standard inlets?. I have made myself a catch can but was wanting to know what you done with the hole in the top of the engine. I have my breather coming from the pipe at the back of the engine. It so i can run my custom inlet.

Do you blank it off and if so what have you used.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
The 182 breather plate I believe

how would that be any different? both have a pin hole in. The oval part that goes into the plenum is NOT (for the millionth time!!!) a breather, it is a vacuum take off for the carbon canister.

Put a screw in the small hole. Done

172 cup
Any pictures of you set up guys ?? Just wanting to get it right first time realy want car on the road this week.

Thanks for replys

I chopped the big bit off that sticks up (the big oval piece as Dan says is the old breather for the fuel tank) then stuck a metal plate over the whole thing using silicon sealer. Stops it breathing through the pin hole and looks neat enough :)

I can get pics if you need them

172 cup
Cheers for the reply mate but all sorted now. I ended up cutting the bit that sticks up flush and welding a plate over the hole. Looks like its a standard part.

Cheers