ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ohhh......9BHP

I went down to Hayes Engineering on saturday to put the Teg on the rollers. It's not something i was planning on doing (scared of the results) but a couple of lads from Itr-dc5 organised something just down the road from me, so.

P2070349.jpg

P2070348.jpg

The other Teg in the pictures was running the following mods:

spoon 4-2
j's racing 70 rr
gruppe m
spoon throtel body
rbc inlet manifold
hondata gasket
hondata k-pro (maped by mase)

I wish id got a video of the thing as the noise it made was awesome, deafening in fact:cool:

He ended up with 237 bhp at the fly over the 5 runs.

Heres my results

P2080351.jpg

I was actually quite pleased with the results of a 9bhp-ish increase on the 216bhp stock figure. Apparently Honda are pretty generous on their figures too. When compared to the other Teg, we have the same mods apart from Ian has a full exhaust system, Spoon throttle body and Kpro and the difference was around 14bhp.

Worked it out that it would be over 150 pounds per extra horse, value for money eh!! :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
why did they take 5 runs on that one???

i dont like power runs tbh, rollers are good for mapping and everynow and then doing a power run, but 5 runs to get power?? thats insane, car just isnt getting cooled well enough!

M

mini-valver

Love that car :( Drove one the other week, was a bit surprised at how refined it is but loved the power delivery and chassis!

Malice - Dunno mate, they did 5 runs on all the cars. Thats up to 4th gear the redline it, 4 times over 15 minutes.

Bazzon - Not sure mate, mine made approx 178 at the wheels, so its below that.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Malice - Dunno mate, they did 5 runs on all the cars. Thats up to 4th gear the redline it, 4 times over 15 minutes.

NP just was wondering on the trans loss, i calculate that at like 25% trans loss, i know nothing about hondas, so was just wanting to compare to what i know about the clios :D

Ps. they are so nice if i had the money i d have one any day over my clio.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
nice car that mate, there's one for sale round the corner from me, '54 plate 24k miles for £11.995. Apparantly it was a test car for shell, not sure if thats a good thing or not?! So tempted to ask what he's give me for my clio part ex against it though

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

wtf lol!

i been to loads of rr's they put it in 4th get it to 30mph to calibrate it, then slow down to a stop then drive to 4th, hold at 30 and then boot it, giving a power run with a coast down, and 25% loss is alot!! you should be getting 16-18% this is why i hate power runs! you shoul only be concentrating on wheel power as the rest is just made up by the guy doing the day!! i know wheel power isnt as good as fly power for pub talk, but atleast you know what your really making...

only time to take fly in to mind is when your running the engine out of the car on a dyno, but even still you never see that power cos of trans loss...

nice figure for wheel power though!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
could technically be getting the gearbox upto temp

and making the engine have hardly any airflow around it?? rollers i use for mapping or power runs get people to take the car for a short drive to get up to temp and warm up gearboxes and diff's....

Lionel Richie
^hence why i hate the f**king things, you can't simulate real world conditions accurately unless the dyno cell is in a wind tunnel

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
agreed, im not a fan either... a couple of little fans pointed at the front of the car worrys me lol, and i would rather cold gearbox oil than hot spots in the engine bay causing det...

Turbos.
Yeah... power runs are pointless. Saying you 'gained' 9bhp is meaningless as you have nothing concrete to compare it to!

Its also typical to say something like "Honda are generous with figures" just so people feel better about spending their money.. lol.

Love the car though!

Yeah i know any figures quoted should be taken with a large pinch of salt and they are essentially meaningless.

What was interesting, and the main reason i went, was to compare what bhp my car was 'producing' as opposed to the other Teg in the pictures.

Ive kind of now come to the conclusion that the money i could spend on gettin an extra 14bhp (upwards £1800), from a full exhaust system and Kpro, is probably not worth it.

In terms of power delivery too, im aware its not ideal, but id miss the vtec changeover kick.