ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Official O2 Unlock Available

BMW F31
hmmm

i jailbroke the other day just so i could a) stick an orange sim to take advantgae of the 2,4,1 wednesdays and b) so i had the option to stick a family/friends sim in it if their phone had run out of juice etc.

might just restore mine and then get the official unlock.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Submitted mine a few days ago, not heard anything back yet though, I guess it'll be right on 14 days that they do it.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Just unlocked mine for the sake of it. Didn't really need to do it, but it's nice to have the option I suppose.
The message from O2 came through straight away so I'll plug it into iTunes when I get home and see what's what.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've applied to have my 3GS unlocked, it was bought PAYG but I use my contract sim card in it and I know others have received a unlock from o2 using this method.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
O2 cant unlock mine? Weird.

There's loads of people on the o2 forum who've had the "sorry, we can't unlock your phone" text, I expected it as I'm on my 3rd one but it all went through ok.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
So what do i do, sit tight?

Dunno, I suppose you could ring the helpdesk monkeys and see if they know why it failed, but it's more than likely you'll get a "we don't even unlock them" response.

dk

911 GTS Cab
whats the benefit of getting it unlocked?

and why are o2 offering this for free, how do they benefit by giving you the option to use another network, slightly confused?

DMS

A thirsty 172
I bet it's got something to do with competition.
They've probably been told by OFCOM to do it to give consumers the choice of whichever operator they use now that they haven't got the monopoly on the iPhones anymore.

EDIT: Or Apple told them, like Curley says.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mines Done.

Yay! i can stick a AT&T sim in when i go to the us now!

Staying with them for 12 months before unlock available is a bit of a con though.

I need to get my 3GS unlocked for my Orange Contract Sim Card to be accepted but i guess i'll have to wait for a new blackra1n software revision to come out.

:(

Last edited:
Reading fail. I've been with them for 6 months.

Oops,

I read it again, they say they'll unlock it but you have to honour your remaining contract with them :S

So i guess unlocking it with a contract still remaining is only kinda useful if you travel abroad etc and use local sim cards etc whilst away to bring down call/text costs.

Ibis A3 BE
I've been with O2 since they were Genie and only just moved from my 'Genie' tariff. Got an iphone and they've already unlocked my phone after requesting it a few days ago, must just be total time with O2 vs. the time you have been on an iphone tariff or had an iphone - just for info

Go cry to your momma!
I used a mates o2 number on the iPhone unlock form and obviously my IMEI..took about 3 days until he got the text letting him know that the unlock had worked.

I was blackrained/snowed so had to do a restore at the time so that I could confirm my unlock had worked..which it has :)

On T-Mobile, with my sim in the phone it activated through iTunes no problem.

Tip for the day, find a mate with an o2 contract and get your iPhone unlocked (my friend is on a simplicity deal and my iPhone is a 3GS bought at release on PAYG)

(sorry about the resolution..I sync with my PC which is hooked up to my telly)

Attachments

• wooo.JPG
    wooo.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 55
  182 ff
whats the whole point of this ?? the itunes thing ??? now there unlocked does this mean u could use " say a t mobile chip with free intenet access etc and there for be cheaper than the 45 pounds a month o2 deal "

Go cry to your momma!
That's what I'm doing mark, I've had a flext contract with web & walk since it came out and it suits me down to the ground :)

This time my upgrade comes around I'll take a discount rather than a handset and just buy each new iPhone as it's released.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I used a mates o2 number on the iPhone unlock form and obviously my IMEI..took about 3 days until he got the text letting him know that the unlock had worked.

I was blackrained/snowed so had to do a restore at the time so that I could confirm my unlock had worked..which it has :)

On T-Mobile, with my sim in the phone it activated through iTunes no problem.

Tip for the day, find a mate with an o2 contract and get your iPhone unlocked (my friend is on a simplicity deal and my iPhone is a 3GS bought at release on PAYG)

(sorry about the resolution..I sync with my PC which is hooked up to my telly)

Did you have to keep his SIM in there for the 3 days? I've had my iPhone for 11 Months though, not sure if they'll do it...

Go cry to your momma!
I've had my phone maybe 4 months? So nowhere near the 12 months that they state..

I had my T-Mobile SIM in all along..I waited for my mate to get the text saying that the phone had been unlocked, connected to iTunes, did a restore and got the screen as above.

My jailbreak didn't go so smooth after, even not needing to unlock..I've ended up doing it even though I got service without running blacksn0w as the jailbreak caused me to lose signal :(

Wish there was a dev team jailbreak out for 3.1.2!

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
everyone knows that ANY carrier has to unlock ANY phone after 12 months if asked to do so?

o wait, iPhones, Sheep.... baaaaah *turns blinkers on*

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Any idea if the SIM needs to remain in the phone? Or can I take it out and check for texts?

Monaco 172
bought, topped up, unlock requested...now im waiting! hopefully not too long and/or they can even unlock it!

Go cry to your momma!
bought, topped up, unlock requested...now im waiting! hopefully not too long and/or they can even unlock it!

They stipulate that you must wait 12 months before they'll unlock it as a PAYG user :(

I bought one on PAYG to use on tmobile, filled in the form on the o2 site but used my mate's details, he has a simplicity contract..they still unlocked it though!