ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

need some help please, my ps3 is upstairs in one of the bedrooms, router downstairs, i am having connection issues with black ops, if i get say a 10m ethernet cable will there be any issue with using such a long cable in loss of any strength of connection? girlfriend isnt keen on having the ps3 down in living room and by having it upstairs means I can escape and get some peace! concern about say homeplugs is i understand upstairs and downstairs have different electric circuits.

any idea about the ethernet cable whether using such a long cable would cause loss of signal?

182 ff
need some help please, my ps3 is upstairs in one of the bedrooms, router downstairs, i am having connection issues with black ops, if i get say a 10m ethernet cable will there be any issue with using such a long cable in loss of any strength of connection? girlfriend isnt keen on having the ps3 down in living room and by having it upstairs means I can escape and get some peace! concern about say homeplugs is i understand upstairs and downstairs have different electric circuits.

any idea about the ethernet cable whether using such a long cable would cause loss of signal?

this makes hardly any sense ?
if u run a ethernet cable ur have a better connection than wifi

with regards to ur house having up stairs power circuits and downstairs power circuits what are u getting at ?

MY10 R35 GTR

with regards to ur house having up stairs power circuits and downstairs power circuits what are u getting at ?

+1 whats different electrical circuits got to do with it?

LY 182
Just had a good few games using the famas. Got a cheeky chopper gunner with my care package and also a mortar team in another game. Mortar got me 3 kills I think and the chopper must of been around 8 which was pretty cool.

Getting into it more already!

Astra SRI/ Hornet

well electric runs in a circle known as a circuit so if the downstairs has a different circle (circuit) then its pointless plugging the homeplug downstairs where i imagine his phone socket is then 1 upstairs where his ps3 is as they wont be connected.
i tried to put it in numpty terms as i could see you were struggling with basic wiring ; p.

well electric runs in a circle known as a circuit so if the downstairs has a different circle (circuit) then its pointless plugging the homeplug downstairs where i imagine his phone socket is then 1 upstairs where his ps3 is as they wont be connected.
i tried to put it in numpty terms as i could see you were struggling with basic wiring ; p.

cheers kev, you any idea on whether a long cable will loose any like strength of signal?

Bumder With A Buffer
Eh?? Just run a 10m Cat 5 from your hub downsatirs to a room upstairs is all your asking Aly??

No it wont make any difference..you can run upto 100m on CAT5 without a drop.

White Sti Hatch
cheers kev, you any idea on whether a long cable will loose any like strength of signal?

Over 10m you wont see a large loss and to be fair i dont think you see much of a lose in Ethernet in regards to length at all.

Homeplugs are shite i wouldn't even bother with them !!

In rregards to socketrs, youll most likly have a ring main up stairs and a ring main down stairs have a look at your fuse box in the hosue itll tell you.

LY 182
Probably just had my best game so far. Ended up 26-10. Get quite a lot of kills with the attack helicopter.

Been quite hit and miss tonight though a fair few games with my ratio is 1.5 - 2.5 then a few where I'm around 1 or sometimes a bit lower.

Definitely enjoying it and finding it more fun than yesterday! Only the Utd game is stopping me from playing more right now lol.

Eh?? Just run a 10m Cat 5 from your hub downsatirs to a room upstairs is all your asking Aly??

No it wont make any difference..you can run upto 100m on CAT5 without a drop.

thats basically it richy yeah, electrical s**t means f**k all to me, just wasnt sure if running what will have to be having now checked 15m would have had any issues as my ps3 wifi connection is around 20% at moment, thanks

182 ff

err dont be such a dick head ! the lag or anything else has nothing to do with electricity ok end of !

G51 BEN
Mines working fine.... Brought a copy the other day.
Gonna be online all night: Higgy7880

Last edited:

i assume he was talking about the adapters to use power outlets thoughout the hosue as Ethernet sockets. These should work upstairs to downstairs, altho different ring mains the signal will run through your fusebox iirc but ask on AVF or somewhere with more experience.

As for running a long Ethernet cable, its fine. Most Ethernet cabling is good for over 100 meters.

Last edited:
think its the hardened perk

Hardened = Deep Impact (bullet penetration)

No Stopping Power in Black Ops, not too fussed about losing it because everyone used it anyway. Its still even playing. Is it just me tho, are all the perks pretty crap on BO?

EDIT: And gutted danny about the RROD. Sure the original 360s have exteneded warrenty on RROD iirc.

LY 182
I think lightweight is pretty pointless as you don't know the maps that great and you can't flank that well with the random spawning.

I'm liking the famas and ghost perk myself right now :cool:

Astra SRI/ Hornet
err dont be such a dick head ! the lag or anything else has nothing to do with electricity ok end of !

he wasnt on about the game read what he said he was thinking of home plugs or ethernet cable to improve on his wireless connection.

home plugs doubled my wireless connection so they do work, depends how well your house wiring is though.

Clio 200 Raider
yes doesnt seem to be anything directly like stopping power but hardened your best best. loving the aug at the minute so powerful with hardened perk

Its not as fun on xbox... Gotta say im missing playing with the PS3 lot on here. Many more laughs!!
Although ive bought the noob tube for the Famas and unlocked the RPG ;)
YESSSS
(even if they are well underpowered in comparison to MW2)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm leaving this for a while untill they sort out the hit system, some kills are spot on but allot are horendus spray spray spray and your dead. me and treemanx have been on mw2 and we've been owning won every single game on TDM and S+D and on top almost every single game so there s nowt wrong with my or his aiming

Fiesta ST-2
Aye won about 10-15 games in a row and bloody enjoyed it! Black Ops can be a Xmas present for my brother lol.

Nowt wrong with our connection either was spot on for MW2.

Last edited:
  A4 Avant
I'm loving it. Got owned first 5/10 games, slowly got better had a couple of 20-10's. Level 12 after 2 hours.

As for spraying bullets, yes it does take more shots to kill, but it seems to me the aim assist is lower than mw2 and you have to be more accurate before pulling the trigger. The cross hairs don't snap to the target. Some of the killcam hit detection is a joke though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Am i being thick or is it near impossible to actually play a game with a friend?

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Had a few of games of domination this afternoon and got the attack dogs in a couple. They really are deadly lol.

Rapping up at lvl 44 tonight.

Not done any wager matches yet but I'm loving it.

We had a few good round's today AK, nice work bud!

Ah I thought I recognised your name! :rasp:

I don't like the new leaderboards.

K/D ratio for each game type?? I just want my total overall!!

You still do..

Just like to add the pre order I had from GAME has still not arrived!
And I paid for next day delivery!

Last edited: