ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OE Dampers - who's cheapest?

182 FF, A6 Avant
Lots of people seem to be doing suspension refreshing at the moment. The only things I need to source for mine are dampers. Curious who people have found to be the cheapest?

Lionel Richie
Adam @ Renault Autoworld (does mail order no bother) 01902 439264, cheaper than ANYONE by a mile, think they're less than £40 EACH from him!

Will give Adam at Autoworld a ring in a few weeks time, see what his price is.

On the same subject of whos cheapest, with 30% off code at Euro car parts, the cheapest I can find a sport Valeo clutch is currently £91.50~ anyone cheaper over the phone or is that it for a low price?

Lionel Richie
thats about it i would think LOL! If the parts market keeps going the way it is companies will be paying you to take stuff!!

182 FF, A6 Avant
I put the 30% code up. I found loads of them from 15-30% on another forum! Saved myself loads on the ball joints.

derv biege barge
Another vote for Adam here.

Was cheapest on everything I needed thus far, all genuine product too.

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Just ordered some genuine 172 Cup dampers from Adam @ Autoworld - just under £40 per corner - very impressed with their prices / service. :D

182 FF, A6 Avant
Just ordered some genuine 172 Cup dampers from Adam @ Autoworld - just under £40 per corner - very impressed with their prices / service. :D

Not sure what amount of mine was postage, but I paid £177 for a set on my car.

Cup In bits
^yep, guess where all our stuff comes from!

Im not going to PM you as you won't reply but why do you use the Megane crank bolt over the Clio one Fred??

Not sure what amount of mine was postage, but I paid £177 for a set on my car.

Yup the prices he gives are quality.

Im sure I was £45 for fronts and £36 for rears + postage iirc

Lionel Richie
because they never strech, the clio one does! megane crank bolt = 182 crank bolt but if you order a 182/172 crank bolt you get the old type with the slimmer washer

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Emailed Adam earlier, got a quick response and he quoted me £86 delivered for a pair of rear shocks which I was quite pleased with!

Cup In bits
because they never strech, the clio one does! megane crank bolt = 182 crank bolt but if you order a 182/172 crank bolt you get the old type with the slimmer washer

Perfect, I thought that, Adam mentioned you always had them instead so I had one too.