ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odyssey ph1 172 pure track car. No tax discs here........

Give them a try mate I think they will be good, one of the chaps in another CSCC series started racing on them and got a decent advantage so everyone else in that series copied him so they can’t be that bad lol! 205/50 15 Dunlop’s :) Was going to swap to 225/45’s but think they may be too wide :(

Cup In bits
Cage looks ammence as usual with a CC cage, tig is they way to have them done really. Bet the fitting cost brought a tear to your eye though.

Will it be 120mm trumpets you put on if your supercharging and fitting ITB's, surely little 40's will do the same job an give you more room?

ph1 172
Give them a try mate I think they will be good, one of the chaps in another CSCC series started racing on them and got a decent advantage so everyone else in that series copied him so they can’t be that bad lol! 205/50 15 Dunlop’s :) Was going to swap to 225/45’s but think they may be too wide :(

Hopefully I'm onto a winning then :)

Cage looks ammence as usual with a CC cage, tig is they way to have them done really. Bet the fitting cost brought a tear to your eye though.

Will it be 120mm trumpets you put on if your supercharging and fitting ITB's, surely little 40's will do the same job an give you more room?

I have been informed that trumpet lengths will still play the same part as if it wasn't blown so will continue to use them and see what happens really as it is all abit untested this setup.

ph1 172
Look at what arrived today...

http://
8229303923_77fdc821fb_z.jpg
Untitled by Rhys Beal, on Flickr

Attachments

• 8229303923_77fdc821fb_z.jpg
    8229303923_77fdc821fb_z.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 48
  ph1 172
Internally it's exactly the same. Rotrex use the compressor housings from Holset turbos. The old ones afaik had the Holset front like mine but the new ones like yours Dom have the Rotrex logo on rather than Holset. It's a c30-94

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Cool mate, I think you should consider going forged, you are putting so much effort into this car, will be a lot safer and maybe cheaper in the long run. When are you hoping to have this ready, be good to have a meet on track.

ph1 172
This engine will stay standard bottom end but I have another engine that over time will be built up as forged so I then can run abit more boost and keep it reliable. Hoping it to be completed in March sometime but have an awful lot of work to do on it! I will let you know when it's ready for the track to make it maybe abit of a meet so people can see it before it blows up. When will yours be finished?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Sounds good mate, will be picking mine up in the next week or so, I need to run in my new engine for a 1000 miles or so before the charger goes on so should be mapped early in January. Will be running low boost for a few months while I build up my forged engine, so should be full spec by middle of the year.

This engine will stay standard bottom end but I have another engine that over time will be built up as forged so I then can run abit more boost and keep it reliable. Hoping it to be completed in March sometime but have an awful lot of work to do on it! I will let you know when it's ready for the track to make it maybe abit of a meet so people can see it before it blows up. When will yours be finished?

Eye airfield test day? ;) ill bring a fire extinguisher

M135i and the shed
Feck. Haven't seen this thread in a while. You could fall from space in that cage and walk away from it!

Blindingly cool. :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Those trumpets look ace!

You selling the 90mm Trumpets? I just need one as one of mine is slightly damaged from the last owner and its allways sort of annoyed me!

ph1 172
I will keep them for now as I want to do some back to back power runs on the dyno but will let you know if I do change my mind or when I do sell them :) I now want 150's too ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
I unfortunately don't really have time these day! Spent most of this year not living in the UK so my job list is about 15 pages long for when i get back!

ph1 172
Need to sell the shell first then I can list all of the other bits. Basically I have a near complete high spec track car, in bits lol
Bits like;
-Cammed engine
-Cup racer 2118's
-Near new AST sportline 2's
-Corbeau Revolution seats
-Sabelt 6 point harness'
-Orbisoud cup racer exhaust
-Brand new 182 manifold.....the list really goes on but will not sell anything until the shell is gone.

The Jenvey's and the Rotrex have already been sold infact :(

Cup In bits
The shells up for sale 6 months to late for me or I would have had that.

I will be interested in the wheels when you do sell and possibly the ast 2's, let me know

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Sorry to hear your having to sell up Rhys, had the makings of a great car.

I've got a house purchase looming this year which might mean the progress on the car slows down and if worst comes to the worst I'll chuck a sheet over it and come back to it, would lose too much money to sell it.

Clio 172
Sounds a real Shame Rhys that you've had to give up no this. Can't you do what Kenny suggested and leave it and come back to it again?

ph1 172
After a little bit of thought I will be keeping the shell, completing it so it is right ready to have bits bolted on and go but instead of actually using it I will be covered up and put away for some time until house etc is sorted.
Everything else will however be sold

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
After a little bit of thought I will be keeping the shell, completing it so it is right ready to have bits bolted on and go but instead of actually using it I will be covered up and put away for some time until house etc is sorted.
Everything else will however be sold

Whats the list of things for sale? :p

Mk1 Focus RS
Ahh was hoping for a decent updated. Not to find it's being broken! :(

Keep the sell unless you offered decent money for it, everything else can be replaced with out loosing to much.

All the best with the house.