ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd xenon problem

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Right iv not had the 182 very long, 2 weekish. today for probs the first time i checked out the headlights from out side the car.
I noticed the the N/S light isnt as bright as the O/S, its working just not as bright and it more visually purple then the drivers side...

Am in need of a new set of bulbs?

Iv read of people changing bulbs re-correct different tones of the light colour but the main problem iv got is that the N/S is considerably less bright in comparison to the O/S.

Cheers Dan.

Arctic blue 182ff
ones probably set higher to the other one, iirc my n/s xenon is higher than my o/s xenon

Arctic blue 182ff
PLUS the bulbs a SOOO expensive at llike £140 + vat LOL (from stealers) Reno Westover - Poole have only ever sold two...

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Been doing some more reading up and thought some thing else it maybe.

Is could possible be the alignment. The rear suspension is hammered and bouncing allover.(im waiting on coilover delivery) So im i right in thinking if the rear end is bouncing about the sensor for headlight adjustment could be struggling to do it job?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Check your headlight alignment mate, but if it was me I'd wait until you sort the suspension out first.
As long as you aren't blinding everyone else on the road you'll be ok til then :)

Black 182
if its the bulbs have a look on ebay you can pick up the phillips bulbs (same as the ones renault use) for about 20 quid

BMW M135i
PLUS the bulbs a SOOO expensive at llike £140 + vat LOL (from stealers) Reno Westover - Poole have only ever sold two...
I got a pair for £65 a few weeks ago for osram xenarcs off the 'bay. Standard fit are either phillips or osram.

Clio 172 RS2
You should be able to hear the rideheight sensor work on the Xenon unit?
Constantly adjusting @ standstill!

Black Gold Trophy
probably just the alignment mate, but naff all to do with the sensor I imagine as the sensor operates both headlamp adjusters.

They have to be manually levelled with a 6mm allen key (iirc) under the bonnet, before the adjustment circuit can do it's job properly.

Most likely the cause of one being brighter than the other is that one of the bulbs has gone at one stage and someone has replaced it with a cheapy without checking that it's the same colour temperature. The OEM ones are D2S 4300K.
I managed to pick up a pair on ebay for £30 when I was retro fitting xenons to the mrs' cup and they've been fine for about a year now!

Black 182
yep the D2S bulb is the one fitted to my clio. take the bulb out and double check though because i think they come with different brightness or something.....