ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd steering/suspension issues

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Wondering if anyone can come up with some ideas on my cars new issue.

I did a track session at rockingham on Monday which finished off the front brakes but has also caused another fault. If I depress the brake pedal anymore than 20% the steering wheel jolts 5-10 degrees to the left and the car starts to bare right. As soon as gas is applied the wheel straightens and the car moves left slightly. This is also accompanied by a 'clunk'.

I jacked the the nearside front up (where the clunk is coming from) and wiggled the wheel around. I was supprised as there wasn't that much movement in things. The ball joint is shafted so will have to be replaced but I can't find anything else.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I was expecting destroyed bottom arms but they still look good. Could it be a steering rack issue? I haven't looked at the rack mountings yet but I can't figure out why the steering wheel kinks left but the car kinks right.

Anyone able to help?

thanks

ross

Your caliper may be seized on the right hand side. Only the left caliper is griping the disc hence the pull to the left