ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd running from Cold

Clio 172 Cup
Hi guys, got a Phase 2 172, ive started to notice a little weird issue with it, when driving from first starting (cold) im finding its holding back a bit, feels like a little bit of surging when throttling. I thought it might be coil related but it goes when its warm which is making me suspect a sensor of some sort. I have no warning lights on the dash and the timing is 100% correct. Anyone else had this issue at all?

Any help is appreciated, Andrew

2004 Clio 182
My 182 does this too. Going to fire a set of plugs in it and change the oil and filter the weekend and see if it makes a difference.

FF Clio 182
Does it run sluggish for only a short period of time whilst cold? The Sports usually run bad when cold but only for couple minutes. Mine does the same, car swaps to a warm map once gets to certain temp.

Clio 172 Cup
Yea , once its warm its fine. Plugs are fine and oil and filter are fine but cant see it being oil or filter anyways. I think ill try get hold of a diagnostics and check real time sensor values me thinks

FF Clio 182
I always thought that was just how they are, could be wrong but someone will be along shortly who will know.

derv biege barge
I had an issue when I first bought mine. Hesitant when cold upto 3k rpm turned out to be o2 sensor pre cat

FF Clio 182
After you start from cold it feels a bit down on power then after a minute or so it picks up power and smoothed out.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Does no-one use google/search anymore? They ALL do this. Let it drop to 1k before driving away, about a 60-70 second warm up phase where they are pretty much un-driveable!