ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd one- Alpine hu not powering rear speakers?

182 FF, A6 Avant
Fitted a cde113bt that I bought from MT and an Alpine Ktp445. Fronts running all ok. But the rears don't work! They worked fine with the old cabasse though.

Ive taken the ktp445 out of the loop and it's the same. Could it be the hu itself? Or could the ISO adapter be wrong? I've taken pictures so need to look up the colouring.

Listerine & Poledo
Check your settings, you may have switched the internal amp off. You need the internal amp on for the power-pack to work as it's essentially just a booster pack.

Disable the internal amp only if using amps connected by RCAs

182 FF, A6 Avant
Made that mistake when I fitted it!

The fronts are running fine through the power pack. The rears, despite being connected up in the same way, are not.

Listerine & Poledo
Sorry, mnurrr, failed to use the power of reading there.

Strange..... I'm assuming you've checked your fader settings :eek:

What leads did you use to plug in to the Clio loom?

182 FF, A6 Avant
I bought the HU used from MT Audio, he supplied me an ISO adapter with it. I've dropped him a PM to get his thoughts.

Fader settings are all central.

I need to look up the colours of the adapter and check it's correct.

Listerine & Poledo
Shoudn't need anything more doing to it. The speakers are connected to the loom else they wouldn't have worked with the old stereo.

do they STILL work with the old stereo? Plug it back in and if all channels are good then you don't have to fiddle with any more wires

182 FF, A6 Avant
That's the plan tomorrow. That'll prove if its the HU that's faulty or not.