ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OBD Plug Question

Renault Symbol
Hello,

I got me a CLIP to halp troubble shoot problems on my K4M engine, I was going to "test" the device then I pull the plug "protector" to connect the cable and this small "bridge" poped up, seems like it was connected between some of the pins but now I don't know where it goes...I started the engine and everything seems normal wthout it but need to know what it is and where it goes, I will appreciate your input. Thanks!

OBDPlug2_zpsfd6eb484.jpg

OBDPlug1_zps6cdceefb.jpg

It goes somewhere like this but can't tell WHERE!!!

OBDPlug3_zps79d9bb34.jpg

Megane dci 130
It goes into the plastic cover that covers the plug.

Like said above, it's used to loop the multiplex network

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The CAN network will function without it as posted above but it really needs balancing other wise it can cause generic "multiplex network" faults. Thats the role of that jumper.

Now Sold :-(
Is there not a little moulded lump on the inside of the cover that the metal bit fits over. Should give you some idea where it should sit.

Renault Symbol
The "problem" is that if I try to put it again on the plastic cover, there are two ways it can go, which one is the good one?.....is there some info on manuals that shows from "Pin #1" to "Pin # 4"?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'll look it up tomorrow if you want/haven't figured it out by then

Renault Symbol
Thanks to all guys!....I guess I got It, had to cut the cap from the plastic bands so I could pull it out from there and look it closer, then I insert the "bridge" again it only has one position, seems like it was hold in place with some sort of plastic pin that I may brake when I pull the cover out, I glued it and It's done.

OBDPlug4_zpsdb5a89b5.jpg