ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o2, Black Berry Pearl 3g, Situation..

Mitsubishi L200, Warrior
Please excuse the long post..

I have been with o2 for 8 years, and recently had an upgrade to BB Pearl 3g.

Within 24hrs of having the phone i had an issue with it, i loaded the camera up, and it would not turn off, so i turned off the phone and back on again and it still appeared. Couple days later i took the phone back to an o2 store where they returned the phone as they never had the same phone in stock under there 14days return policy.

About 3 weeks later i returned to the store and took out another upgrade again, same phone. Had the phone for about 20 days and had another problem with it, every now and then the phone would just reboot itself happened twice during a call. So back to the o2 store, just to get a different phone altogether. Have lost trust in the blackberrys. o2 store said as i'm not within the 14 day peroid they have to exchange the phone for the same one, and that i should contact o2 customers service.

I phone 202 and spoke to an advisor who put me through to her manager and basically they have said that they will offer me another phone. There choices are all the out dated phones none of the smart phones. I need a phone with email so i can get my work emails on the go when i'm not in the office, also i need wi fi so when i am at work i can download up date emails without connecting to the 3g and using my 500mb data allowence.

Any advice would be helpfull..

Many thanks in advance..!!

Bus w**ker
Update the OS on the Curve to the latest (v5.0) version. Probably fix the problems you're suffering from, other than that O2 have you over a barrel as far as I can see.

Mitsubishi L200, Warrior
Update the OS on the Curve to the latest (v5.0) version. Probably fix the problems you're suffering from, other than that O2 have you over a barrel as far as I can see.

Have a Blackberry Pearl.. and have the lattest update already.

I've never had any issuse with o2 always been good service..!! i'm sure with anything you buy you have a 28 day money back. I do not want to leave o2, i just dont want a fone that has faild on me twice, if i'm on a 24 month contract and i go over the manafacture's warrenty after 12 months then i have no phone if it decides to give up the ghost.

I need to know what process i'll have to go through if i do not accept the phones they have offered me..!!

nokia_3210.jpg

get One Of these it will never go wrong on you.:rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::eek::eek::star::star:

Bus w**ker
Have a Blackberry Pearl.. and have the lattest update already.
Ah misread that, I'd still doubt that you have the latest version for the pearl. It's currently at 5.0.0.831, you can find out the version you're running by pressing ALT+CAPS+H and it's next to App Version; further details on how to download and upgrade to the latest version can be found on here. White Screen of Death was a common fault on the v4 OS across all models, usually due to dodgy apps installed.

If you're looking to break contract, then you may want to ring O2 back and ask to speak to the customer service manager. If that doesn't get you the outcome you're after then C.A.B. might be worth a call as they should be able to offer contract law advice or tell you where you can get some for free.

Mitsubishi L200, Warrior
Sym0n..

Thanks for your replies. I have checked the version and scanned for update via the bb software and i am all upto date on that one. I will be giving o2 a call later this evening, to see what the next step is, i don't really want to go down the route of the CAB or Ombudsmanas as i feel such a big company should be able to solve the situation, on a mutal consent. I will post back here when i get a little further..!!