ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Numberplate Text/Surround for Clio Williams - Purchased from Liningtons in Portsmouth

Clio Williams
Hi All,

I'm nearing the end of my Clio Williams restoration. It was initially purchased new from Liningtons in Portsmouth in January 1994, but lost its original number plates in about 1998 when it was traded in and resold at Aidan Piers in Manchester. I'd like to restore the original number plates, but because Liningtons closed down a few years ago I don't have any reference on how the plates should look.

If anyone has a car that was supplied by Liningtons in the early-mid 1990's, I'd be really grateful if you would share some details on how your plates look so that I can get some made up in the original format.

I'm also curious about whether Liningtons supplied a Renault branded tax disc holder when selling new cars in 1993/1994, as this is something that I'd like to source.

Thanks for your help.

Dave.

Clio Williams
Re: Numberplate Text/Surround for Clio Williams - Purchased from Liningtons in Portsm

Hoping to get something made up in the next few weeks if anyone is able to help with information please.

Clio Williams
Re: Numberplate Text/Surround for Clio Williams - Purchased from Liningtons in Portsm

Anyone able to help please?

Thanks,
Dave

Clio Williams

Thanks to everyone who has taken a look at this post, but has been unable to help.
Hopefully this bump might get a few more views and maybe there will be someone who has info/pics that would be of assistance.

Thanks,
Dave.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator

Is 02392 815151 not the number for Liningtons?

Would you not be able to reference any contact details at all by places like Companies House?

Clio Williams

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you're absolutely right I could do that.
However, I think this is where my slightly OCD nature will be exposed...

I'd like to know that whatever I get produced will be near on exactly how the originals were produced. For example:

Numberplate
Did the numberplate have a black line surround?
How was the Liningtons name displayed (at the bottom of the plate next to a renault symbol or the phone number) - which side of the text would the Renault symbol be at (left/right/both/none?)
Was it displayed as 'Liningtons Portsmouth', 'Liningtons (Portsmouth)', or even a different way

Tax Disc Holder
Did they do their own version of this?
How was the text/logos spaced out (what went were?)
Was it yellow/white or another colour?

Thanks,
Dave

Assuming it's still a Renault dealers, why not ring them up, tell them what you want & ask if there is anyone there who worked for them when it was the other place & see if they remember how the things looked?
If it's not Renault anymore, good luck in your search.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182

It's not a renault dealer in portsmouth anymore closed down 10+ years ago there old site is now a retirement home.

not seen a liningtons plate around in years but ill keep an eye out

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

I can do the same in terms of keeping my eye out for a liningtons plate.

Mike at Rentech may remember what they looked like.

M140i

I'll keep an eye out, my mums neighbour has an ageing laguna I think purchased from Liningtons, if I can get over there and the Cnut of a guy isnt around Ill snap some pics :)