ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

not the usual climate control fault :-(

172 cup
hi well after seeing the great guides on here regarding the plastic cog fault / fix, i decided to tackle this today. stripped the motors and cover off and there was the broken cog. fitted the header tank clamp around it, reassembled everything happy days i thought :D . tested the blowers etc, but still just getting the constant hot air.

stripped it down again, checked for anything loose etc but all fine, re-mounted the 2 motors then watched them work as i flicked through feet / face / screen. the front motor (one nearest to you as you sit in the car) appeared to be working fine, could not see the other motor working, but it felt as though it was moving slightly, so i undid that motor, turned heaters on again and managed to put my finger in the previously broken cog and twisted it to redirect the air. doing this made everything on the screen work as it should in terms of getting hot and cold air ! my thoughts at that point was the motor was faulty.

i then used the front motor in the other motors cog, with the other motors wiring but could not automatically open or close that flap by going from min to max heat. electrics really aren't my thing so i left it there for the day.

is it unheard of for the actual control unit to cause a fault like this? or if anyone in the north west fancies the task, then i will pay well and come to you :)

thanks in advance

Sharkey