ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not really sure where this should go but..

Clio 1.2 16v
..is what I said to a girl before I got a black eye. Kidding. Due to insurance premium mickey takery I've had my car off the road since June-ish, and now my beloved old dear has stepped up to the plate and said she would front me my premium. Happy days. I'm going to just go somewhere for the weekend in the whip to celebrate getting my car back (which is so standard I feel embarrassed even asking) and as such would like some company. I live in Cambridge, was thinking about going to Cornwall or somewhere nice? Any shouts/volunteers? Smokers preferred ;) PM me if you're remotely interested or if you have any good places to go for a relaxed drive for a 1.2 haha. Anywheres relaxing to drive to in a 1.2. I'm rambling. PEACE

Fronting as in paying your premium, or as in shes put herself as the main driver. Let's hope it's the first or this won't end well.

Black 172
It's not ending well if it's the former or the latter

Letting your girlfriend/mum pay for you is sad
Letting her be the policyholder when you're the main driver is illegal

Clio 1.2 16v
Nah sorry she's been robbing charity boxes since last October. Jheez, next time i'll save you all the trouble and drive off a cliff.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Nah sorry she's been robbing charity boxes since last October. Jheez, next time i'll save you all the trouble and drive off a cliff.

If you don't speak clearly on here, people will never respond helpfully.

After the fourth time of reading it, I have deduced:

-your mum has given you £3k for insurance
-you are looking on CS for a date to take with you on a drive
-your return key is broken / you are allergic to paragraphs.

Clio 1.2 16v
To anyone I offended, I am most sorry. Proof my return key is functional:

In reference to j6pkp1234's comment, is that a mountain?

Well I had a chuckle at the opening line anyway. Come to Scotland, awesome roads, awesome scenery, try Haggis and Irn-Bru and become a real man.

Avoid picking up a casual smack addiction on the way.

Clio 1.2 16v
Where in Scotland buddy? I'd get to the border and go 'now where?' Without a destination I'm lost :p Wales or Scotland?

Clio 1.2 16v
now you've thrown me :/ I like the ice cream in Cornwall tbf. I'm only really after a destination so I can get back from sleeping in my car and doing what I like for a weekend and tell people I went to Cornwall. Not that I spent a weekend by myself being a f*cking loser because that's what I like to do. Or, anyone got any suggestions as to cool stuff to go and see on this fair isle?

Clio 1.2 16v
In October? Ha, you live near Wales? Fancy meeting up for a skin if I pass that way? I need ideas for my car.

172cup turbo & rx8
How about saving the money you where going to use on said "road trip" and try paying your mother back for bailing you out?

(unless you where also going to bum off her for the road trip too)

Clio 1.2 16v
YO! Wasn't asking for financial advice people, just places to go in England for a drive. Financial details bYoil down to, my mum is paying the 1300 for my insurance, I am paying her back monthly. Is that alright? Fronting: lending someone the money that they don't have available immediately. Plus, she's my mum, what's wrong with he helping me out? Tricky like potentially drive off-able?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
If you don't speak clearly on here, people will never respond helpfully.

After the fourth time of reading it, I have deduced:

-your mum has given you £3k for insurance
-you are looking on CS for a date to take with you on a drive
-your return key is broken / you are allergic to paragraphs.

Rofl :)