ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not Normal Dans R26 Megane F1

Megane r26
So woke up this morning, one job on the to do list.... Fit me forge recirc valve.

So popped down to me old mans as all me tools are there and got cracking.

Old valve compared to new one

5622ADA1-4971-4CDE-8DD2-4EE5589386B5_zpsyugxohr8.jpg

3F2B4796-CAD6-4D82-A8CC-D1F0D446497D_zpstvwtkapr.jpg

Stripped the forge item and applied a little grease to the threads before fitting in just incase I ever need to get into it and to prevent any corrosion

New valve fitted

BA049561-8502-4CB9-BFB8-4AB032583AA2_zpssmkh9ijf.jpg

340i
So woke up this morning, one job on the to do list.... Fit me forge recirc valve.

So popped down to me old mans as all me tools are there and got cracking.

Old valve compared to new one

5622ADA1-4971-4CDE-8DD2-4EE5589386B5_zpsyugxohr8.jpg

3F2B4796-CAD6-4D82-A8CC-D1F0D446497D_zpstvwtkapr.jpg

Stripped the forge item and applied a little grease to the threads before fitting in just incase I ever need to get into it and to prevent any corrosion

New valve fitted

BA049561-8502-4CB9-BFB8-4AB032583AA2_zpssmkh9ijf.jpg

They're fun to fit, aren't they ;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Took you 25 mins, you must have hands like a new born baby, it's an ass of a job.

Did you remove the inlet?

Megane r26
Took you 25 mins, you must have hands like a new born baby, it's an ass of a job.

Did you remove the inlet?

Yeah pulled the intake pipe off, the only bolt that was a tad fidderly was the one between the valve and the rocker which I stuck magnet to so I didn't have to worry about dropping it.

I have normal size hands I think, I'm a time served volvo tech and now work on trains where most jobs are awkward haha

Hands for comparison

9B1ACC4D-7AC6-4754-A3A2-8C19A11653C9_zpsr4s5357v.jpg

It was even still a little toasty haha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ha ha. Yeah the first time I didn't remove the pipe :(. Second time was way easier. Thinking about it not sure why I thought 30 mins was a long time as that's probably what it took me.

Megane r26
Ha ha. Yeah the first time I didn't remove the pipe :(. Second time was way easier. Thinking about it not sure why I thought 30 mins was a long time as that's probably what it took me.

I found the hose clip turbo end really easy to get on even if you can't see it so I made sense to save the struggle

I've read people chopping spanners down and all sorts!

Booked Oulton yet???????

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've read that too mate, seemed a bit drastic.

I haven't and it's unlikely I will tbh. Something has come up which is going to cost a fair few quid so need all the pennies I can. Nothing car related thankfully

Megane r26
So a few little updates,

Received my powerflex black series and my short shifter

895667CF-24D4-4D49-B2C0-FE1F89D8780A_zps4cpfld28.jpg

So I'll be getting busy getting these fitted and the car ready for Oulton on Tuesday.

Also picked up so millers nanodrive

B5F1FFBC-61A9-4853-8644-8FCAEE14A32F_zpssx3thuni.jpg

6 litres for 50 quid, not bad when considering everywhere charges around 75 quid for that.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Can't believe you're only just getting round to fitting a short shift!

Megane r26
Can't believe you're only just getting round to fitting a short shift!

Yeah tbh it was just a case of waiting for a friend to machine it for me, I wasn't going to rush ahead and pay 80-120 when my friend who owns a precision engineering company said he'd do it for 30 quid on exchange lol

225 Cup & Williams
Jammy B.

Is there any chance you would be able to get me the part numbers for all the inserts you got but the yellow versions?

Megane r26
How did your times compare mate

Sub 2.10 to 2.04 consistently, tweaked the suspension settings come afternoon which helped even more but be switching spring rates up next year or maybe even going down the AST route.

Also swapping the brake setup and looking closely at tyre choice, I can't fault the 595rsr but I reckon there's more pace possibly from weigh and tyre choice still

Megane r26
So had a text from a neighbour today, went a bit ebay in the pub and got this.

FF31F85F-83A0-495E-BEB6-6B7DA7456F28_zpshewt8ti2.jpg

Flocked speedo binacle, start of the flocking as the find the dash reflects bad and it looks epic if done well.

Looking at a few daft but cheap dailys, old imprezas are flavour of the day atm