ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nos

172,scenic, trafic
You don't hear much about nos in tuning circles anymore, I used to run it whether I lived in Surrey but its a pain to get hold of in cornwall so haven't bothered here. I no its a bit of a cave man answer to power but wondered whether it was just a fad or not. Opinions greatly appreciated

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
does nos give you 8 more gears in the box like it does on fast and furious??

172,scenic, trafic
Thanks vicky , Will message you later. I'm hoping a tuning expert(Fred etc) will stick his five pence in and give his opinion to one of my questions in post, do tuners tend to steer clear of nos? It's just mentioned as much as blown tuning. Is that because its results are not as good as turbos etc or because no money in the conversion?

SG9 Forester STi
The main reason for the horror stories are just like those who blow their turbo'd cars up. Getting power hungry.

Upping the nitrous to a level the engine can't really cope with is never a good idea. I was advised that the RS engines can cope with 65-70 bhp but I have mine running at 50bhp with a progressive controller so it's not one big strain on the engine. As fun as NOS is and believe me it is, it's not worth ruining your car for.

If you really did get into it then with forged internals you can easily run a 100bhp shot. But it's all about the money. If I had some to burn then I'd have have it direct ported through some throttle bodies. We can all dream ay! :cool:

172,scenic, trafic
I am only looking for another 50 horses, I don't mind blowing the odd engine but I don't see the point in going much further as its throwing money out the window. Just wanted something a bit different. Is it as expensive now as people say it is? And do you use it on the road.lol

SG9 Forester STi
I am only looking for another 50 horses, I don't mind blowing the odd engine but I don't see the point in going much further as its throwing money out the window. Just wanted something a bit different. Is it as expensive now as people say it is? And do you use it on the road.lol

No I don't use it on the road. The bottle only goes in for shows and even then doesn't get connected up unless I'm at a drag day. It's not just something you can switch on as you choose as you have to turn it on at the bottle first which in my case is located at the back of the car.

Lol @ blowing the odd engine up. Not worth it for 4.5 mins of entertainment imo but as long as it's done professionally then you have nothing to worry about.

My set up all in all cost around £1300 (need a few more things so more £££'s to be spent) and the bottle is around £70 per fill up. I have the biggest bottle though.