ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

noob from stoke

Clio 182
Hiya there everyone, my name is Rob, I bought a clio 182 in black just over 2 months ago and thought I better join up here... already had some of the joys the clio has to offer like a whole new exhaust, so my wallet is feeling a little empty...

Going from a 1 litre seat arosa to a clio 182 was very fun indeed ;)

Clio 182
Howdy Rob,is it a Cup?Got some pics and history.

If im right Its not a cup as it has the toys that comes with the car, it has has the grey alloys, front splitter, but not the cup spolier. Yeah i have got some pics of it.. Full service history, luckily it has had its belts changed before i bought it and just done its 75k on the clock... I also believe one of the previous owners were part of the Cliosport Club member as i i have the bottle opener along with the cliosport window stickers

profilepic104098_1.gif

PH2 172
If im right Its not a cup as it has the toys that comes with the car, it has has the grey alloys, front splitter, but not the cup spolier. Yeah i have got some pics of it.. Full service history, luckily it has had its belts changed before i bought it and just done its 75k on the clock... I also believe one of the previous owners were part of the Cliosport Club member as i i have the bottle opener along with the cliosport window stickers

profilepic104098_1.gif

Single outlet steath exhaust?At least the belts are done,how about water pump and dephaser?My 172 has been a bit of a cash cow,has never let me down,just pre emtive maintance and some worn bits ,but I`m happy it will last me a few years.Only car I have had in years that I take for a drive just for the hell of it,ENJOY.

Clio 182
Single outlet steath exhaust?At least the belts are done,how about water pump and dephaser?My 172 has been a bit of a cash cow,has never let me down,just pre emtive maintance and some worn bits ,but I`m happy it will last me a few years.Only car I have had in years that I take for a drive just for the hell of it,ENJOY.

couldnt tell you what the exhuast is :p the dephaser has been done not too sure about the water pump.. Was looking at getting a 172, but decided for the 182 as its slighter newer and the biggest reason, I like the dual exhaust :D Well thats just your general wear and tear as you said, also bought a new headlight washer as that was missing when i bought the car... I agree with you about driving the hell out of it.. I try to be a little bit fuel efficient, but that goes out the window when you start to hit 5000rpm :p

PH2 172
couldnt tell you what the exhuast is :p the dephaser has been done not too sure about the water pump.. Was looking at getting a 172, but decided for the 182 as its slighter newer and the biggest reason, I like the dual exhaust :D Well thats just your general wear and tear as you said, also bought a new headlight washer as that was missing when i bought the car... I agree with you about driving the hell out of it.. I try to be a little bit fuel efficient, but that goes out the window when you start to hit 5000rpm :p

2 exhausts about 2 foot apart?Sounds like a cup to me.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What's exhaust got to do with cup or not???

hard to tell as picture is awful.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
WTF????

The twin exhaust just means it's a 182, got fcuk all to do with being a cup or not.

Clio 182
What's exhaust got to do with cup or not???

hard to tell as picture is awful.

I know picture is awful, will get some better ones soon... I dont think it is a cup to be honest, just a 182 with the cup front splitter... has the xenons, speed limiter climate control...

BG182ff,explod Focus
Kidsgrove and Weston Coyney Stokies? Stokie wannabees maybe ;)
Now getting woken up by the fpita bell ringers at Stoke Minster on a Sunday morning? Proper stokie :rasp:

There's a West Midlands group meet doing a rolling road dyno day at Viezu on the2nd August if you fancy meeting some i̶n̶b̶r̶e̶d̶s Brummies and the Coventry lot.
If you ask @MartinR nicely he might even be able to find you an empty slot to have your car dynoed too.

Clio 182
Kidsgrove and Weston Coyney Stokies? Stokie wannabees maybe ;)
Now getting woken up by the fpita bell ringers at Stoke Minster on a Sunday morning? Proper stokie :rasp:

There's a West Midlands group meet doing a rolling road dyno day at Viezu on the2nd August if you fancy meeting some i̶n̶b̶r̶e̶d̶s Brummies and the Coventry lot.
If you ask @MartinR nicely he might even be able to find you an empty slot to have your car dynoed too.

sorry we are stokie wannabes ;) nearer to cheshire :p

Sounds good, but im working that weekend, if it was the 9th I would have popped down :(

BG182ff,explod Focus
hanley is a dump! (I'm in hanley now as my mrs lives here lol)

One of the commissioning engineers I work with is from Bristol and was stopping at the North Stafford Hotel a couple of weeks ago so I took him for a drink up Hanley.
He couldn't believe how empty the place was on a Wednesday night compared to Bristol, he did like ST1 mind and wants a return visit :evil:

Astra VXR NBG ED
One of the commissioning engineers I work with is from Bristol and was stopping at the North Stafford Hotel a couple of weeks ago so I took him for a drink up Hanley.
He couldn't believe how empty the place was on a Wednesday night compared to Bristol, he did like ST1 mind and wants a return visit :evil:

Lmfao! She absolute whales in that place.

I've woken up next to worse aswell so it doesn't say much