ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non UK 182’s

I have just ordered a new Clio 182 (my 1st clio) which is being imported from Belgium. Has anyone else got there car like this. I was told the only difference from the UK spec car was that it didnt have the CAT1 alarm which I have now paid extra for. Is this accurate info?

Renault Laguna Coupe

May not have security window etching either, or locking wheel bolts. But basically youre OK for the important things like warranty, because its an EU car.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

And locking wheel nuts,window etching^^^^^^^^you beat me to it mike ha ha

Take it to your dealer when you get it and show them the bill of sale eetc etc and they will honour the 3 year warranty that uk ones get...

Plus youve saved about 2-3k

good luck,ian

[Edited by ian 172 on 05 November 2004 at 9:09am]

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 05 November 2004

May not have security window etching either, or locking wheel bolts. But basically youre OK for the important things like warranty, because its an EU car.
IIRC when you recive the car you will need to applied for the 3 year warrenty, as it only come with one.

It has 2 year warranty but I have puchased the 3rd year from the dealer (motorhouse 2000) is this recommended or should I not go for it and see if Renault will honour the 3 year warranty?

Lee

BMW M2C

Check this letter out: http://www.leemather.plus.com/stuff/rw.jpgLink

Buying the warranty from Motorhouse 2000 wasnt the best idea to be honest. They are rarely worth the paper they are written on. I know Motorpoints are, but then Motorhouse used to be a little better. Car supermarkets either dont know, or conveniently neglect to tell you that you can claim a third year from Renault!

Where are you by the way? I live just up from Motorhouse 2000.

Lee

BMW M2C

No probs. I had an import 172 so looked into all that.

Ah, so a bit of a drive then. At least youll have almost run it in on the return trip.

I bought my 172 from Motorhouse at Mansfield last year they tried to sell me the third year warranty.I just rung Renault customer services gave them my VIN number,they confirmed that it was imported from France (arnt they all) and was UK spec so qualified for the third year warranty.its as easy as that.

You should go back and cancel their warranty and get your money back.

I went up there for a look round yesterday,is yours the silver 182 that they were preparing?.

They had an Arctic Blue Megane 225 for £15999 and I am very tempted.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

The easiest way to see if your car is an import is have a look at the little sticker on the o/s/ b post - it will be a square sticker with an oval ring inside with a lot of little codes - inside this ring ( oval plate ) there will be 4 lines of codes - on the 4th line down on the l/h/s there will be either a 0/ 5/ 53/. If it is any different your car is an import. Each code represents a country the vehicle is designed for and these 3 numbers are the UK - EG

CB1N K037978

ES4 SAN913 SPL

TED43 DRAP28 HARMO3

5/ ACFK NRTV

MERCEDES CLS AMG

open your drivers door - look at the sill that you step over to get in the car. Half way up the sill near were the door catch is ( door post ) that is the "B" post - this sticker is on there - its the parts ID code ( oval plate number )