ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

non cup packed 182, making myself feel better

clio 2.0 182 & z3m coupe
unfortunately my 182 does not have the cup packs. im slightly gutted about it, but its a company car so cant complain. so in a desperate attempt to make myself feel better i did some research and (dont take me serious its a bit of a joke) found that my car is rare compared to all your 182's that have been cup packed!!!!! so i am different to must you lot. (im really grabbing at straws here)i just have to keep telling myself this each time i go round a corner and my car is slidding around.

o well maybe one day ill upgrade the suspension for coilovers or something.:) . Are there many other people on here without the cup packs?????

clio 182 black /gold
There are a few none cuped clios on here. As said it is not noticable that much the rear spoiler.

FOCUS ST 275
Mine dont have the cup packs, but mine doesn't slide at all. Only under heavy breaking, and all clios are tail happy.
Plus i like my silver wheels, looks nicer on the Arctic than the grey wheels.

Clio 182
I never had the spoiler pack, my drive was too steep to have the front splitter on.

Had the cup suspension pack because my mate told me to get it even though I didn't like the anthracite wheels at the time but I went with his advice. My car, however, is a handful to drive even so - Mark Fish described it as 'lively'.

R53 Cooper S
not much difference imo, most peeps on here with cup packs seem to opt for sportlines/coilys anyways

clio 2.0 182 & z3m coupe
so you lads think the cup suspension isn all that then? just i have never driven one with so i dont no. na the handling is fine jst a couple of my mates that have the 182 with cup suspension said it feels wallowy and bit unsure compared to theres. um in regards to why im modding it, if its not mine......it is mine im 1 of 2 partners that own th company.

so in your honest opinions not that greater difference. just my mates trying to wind me up then.:approve:

Clio 182
so you lads think the cup suspension isn all that then? just i have never driven one with so i dont no. na the handling is fine jst a couple of my mates that have the 182 with cup suspension said it feels wallowy and bit unsure compared to theres. um in regards to why im modding it, if its not mine......it is mine im 1 of 2 partners that own th company.

so in your honest opinions not that greater difference. just my mates trying to wind me up then.:approve:

You'd be best driving a couple with the cup suspension really.

clio 2.0 182 & z3m coupe
ye cant imagine it to be that different, but ill give a couple with cup suspension ago.

cock mobile.
I wouldn't bother retro fitting the Cup Packs, best to just get coilovers if you want to.

Would be cheaper and better, all the 172 Coilovers will fit on the non cup packed 182 hubs.

clio 2.0 182 & z3m coupe
o right thats good to no, ill have a think over the next few months. cheers for the help people

182 inferno for long time
i thought the track was wider aswell as lower? so would make a noticable difference at the limit but how often will u be at the limit? better for track days but on the road not alot of difference.

Black/Gold 182
Like Karen, I've got only a 1/2 cupped (suspension but no spoilers). I recall reading the tyres had stiffer sidewalls on the cupped versions too?

TBH I reckon for road driving there's probably nothing in it anyway; I just liked the anthracite wheels better.

b/g 182, meg tourer

no its not that the cup suspension isn't 'all that', its just most people (including myself) fit either coilovers or lowering springs. make the car sit much nicer. if set up properly, better handling too. but i think all renault sport models have good handling anyway :)

Da

Less
Cupped suspension is 5mm lower than un cupped and the handling is firmer. From memory the camber is slightly different too giving a better feel, but as said above they both have the same tyres so there's no difference there that I'm aware of.

clio 2.0 182 & z3m coupe
ye think i may have to invest in coilovers at some point. my clio still gives me 10 times the confidence that im not gonna end up in a hedge backwards unlike me bmw m coupe. :)

106 GTi
Cupped suspension is 5mm lower than un cupped and the handling is firmer. From memory the camber is slightly different too giving a better feel, but as said above they both have the same tyres so there's no difference there that I'm aware of.

Less than that lowering wise 3mm or something silly, not enough to even notice height wise.

The tyres all ended up the same in the end.

Clio 182
Ive had both, definately would say there is a difference. Non cup rolls into corners, slams down on dips and springs up on crests of hills more in comparison with cup pack models at the same speeds- which you would expect. Really need to take the cup faster towards its limits and it does the same though. When i got the cup pack model it was instantly obvious that you can carry alot more speed into corners with it.

My opinion though is that,the non cup setup is not a bad thing and alot of fun can be had with the non cup at lower speeds (more sliding and lift off fun). I could provoke lift off oversteer better with the non cup model. Not that i condone that type of behaviour!

Titanium 182
mine is non cupped, I prefer the silver alloys to the silver of the car.
Iv ended up buying a front splitter of ktec, as for suspension il end up changing it at some point

I still love my car :)

200 Ultra Red
non cupped, only real change is that its sitting on eibach sportlines, again prefer the silver alloys to anthracite. Heres a couple of pics.

image4.jpg

350-182shoot10.jpg