ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No fuel symptom

I originally spoke about this on another thread and assumed that it was a cold running issue so i left it alone.
But now i know its not the case.

Quite randomly if ive kept the car at a constant speed for a while, not using many revs and i go up a slight hill, the car starts loosing power.

It acts exactly like if its ran out of fuel, it will loose power, then if i dont move pedal it will regain power, then loose again, and so on.

This only seems to happen if i go up a hill without pressing more pedal. Even only a slight incline.

It stops if i put the foot down. There is no problem accelerating at all.

Other than that it idles fine, drives perfectly well, no warning lights on.

​Just had it remapped too and it still does it.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you put the ignition to II? but don't turn it on, should hear a noise?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's going to sound like a bonkers suggestion, but is your problem not gravity?

You're going uphill, in an engine that is notoriously underwhelming at low revs, and you're surprised that it slows down? That's just physics.

Apply an equal amount of force but increase the opposing force and you're going to get deceleration.

It's going to sound like a bonkers suggestion, but is your problem not gravity?

You're going uphill, in an engine that is notoriously underwhelming at low revs, and you're surprised that it slows down? That's just physics.

Apply an equal amount of force but increase the opposing force and you're going to get deceleration.

You have the wrong idea. Basically WHEN it happens if i keep the pedal still, the car will loose power (like it has no fuel), go down 5-10mph then shoot back up to what it originally was.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Bar the powerloss does it sound normal when the power drops, it's not mis-firing at all / spluttering?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Yes, it's bit of a Min*E ache but get a circuit tester, take the leads off and check them, sounds like they are on their way out, as they are not static movements / heat and the like can alter their conductivity when they go.

Have you done the leads before?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Having another think yes I'd say it's the leads and or Plugs, get a circuit tester on the leads first.

If it smells rich this could be due to having a weaker spark and loading more fuel it will not burn properly, an easy cheap fix.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
yeah do a voltage test on both, it's easy stuff to do ( coil pack expensive though )

they are getting to the age now where all these bits needs replacing, you'll notice in the site there are a lot of people with these issues at the mo.

Due to not having the tools to test these myself, took to a friend mechanic he told me anything to do with coil pack or leads should throw an error code.

Only had 1 error which was light diffuser i think :S.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
It doesn't turn any lights on dash, I changed my leads a few weeks ago and put them in the wrong order, the engine was flapping all over the place and was firing in the wrong order and that didn't bring any lights on, my old Astra didn't either when I had these issues.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Because I just wasn't paying attention, original ones are numbered to the Coil pack, I brought aftermarket ones and by the time I thought about what order they should be in they were already off, took 4 attempts to get it right lol

Ah yeah they are numbered, least you got it in the end. My friend told me best thing to do is wait for this problem to develop abit then it should be alot easier to identify. Guess it makes sense.