ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No engine oil :O

1.2 16V Clio (Blue)
So me and my bro were fitting my hid kit before and my brother decided to have a look at my oil.. He pulled out the dipstick, wiped it and put it back in again and it had no oil on it atall (I had forgotten to check it since I got the car 3 months ago) no wonder my car sounded pretty much diesel... So I've topped it up with some castrol gtx and now it's running better than ever... I'm just really lucky my brother had a look while we were fitting my lights.

Si

RS Clio 172
Did it have oil when you bought it!? Either way... I'd be very, very concerned about the condition of your engine.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
did you leave the car to stand (no engine running) for atleast 10 mins before checking the oil?

RS 182 CUP
oil is su[pposed to be cold when its checked, if it was warm itl give a higher reading on the dipstick. was it parked on level ground?

1.2 16V Clio (Blue)
Did it have oil when you bought it!? Either way... I'd be very, very concerned about the condition of your engine.

It is going in for a service in 2 weeks, what would be the best way to check my engine is fine?

RS 182 CUP
put some paper/card underneath it to see if it has a leak (if theres no undertray) and does it give off blue tinged smoke when giving it some stick?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
M8 if u use it regular u should check it once a week mines used once a weekend and I still check it just before I head out it takes 2 mins

1.2 16V Clio (Blue)
Why do you not check it more often?

I don't know, it's my first car and never actually thought about it to be honest, I don't really mess about with the engine side of things, will be checking it ALOT more often now though

put some paper/card underneath it to see if it has a leak (if theres no undertray) and does it give off blue tinged smoke when giving it some stick?

I don't think it has a leak, because I would notice it on the White concrete slabs on my garden wouldn't I? And no it doesn't really have much smoke coming out of it, not that I know of anyway I'll have to get someone to have a look tomorrow

I did that once but wasn't so lucky, bottom end started knocking. Now I'm extremely vigilant when it comes to oil levels.

You'll be very lucky if you've gotten away without damaging the engine after letting it get that low though.

Suzuki Ignis
I did that once but wasn't so lucky, bottom end started knocking. Now I'm extremely vigilant when it comes to oil levels.

You'll be very lucky if you've gotten away without damaging the engine after letting it get that low though.

Same here, bought it without even checking under the bonnet haha Didnt even open the bonnet in the 5 months it lasted and it just made it to the scrapyard for the £100

Dipstick min-to-max marker is only 1 litre anyway, so you could have had four litres in there which isnt so bad

1.2 16V Clio (Blue)
Dipstick min-to-max marker is only 1 litre anyway, so you could have had four litres in there which isnt so bad

Yeah, I put 2 litres in anyway and it's just above minimum, I'll have a look again after work