ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NKION D40x

Arctic blue 182ff
how would everyone rate this cam? i want to get a DSLR but have no idea about them, can people advise me where to go and what to look for?

Jack

Good starter cam to learn the dslr functions, can produce some cracking imagery with a decent lens!

Id go for a D40 instead of the D40x, save some dosh for a lens! unless you are going to be printing stuff larger than a3 you wont really need the 10megapixels

when your confident with the functions and you want to persuit photography you can then move onto say a D50 or a D80..

if your a beginner, like me, D40/D40x is ideal. i have had a D40 since january and think its brilliant, more than does what i need it to, dont be put off by the 'entry level' status. a good camera to learn with and relatively easy to use IMO

Oil Burner
inherently flawed, not a canon :rasp:

Consider Canon and Sony as well. Been very impressed with both makes as well as Nikon.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
The normal D40 for a 1st time user is more then ample i bought one last week and im well chuffed with it :D

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=334875

^^1st time out so the photos will only get better as i get use to it. The track photos are done with a 55-200mm lens and the last few of parked cars are done with a 18-55mm lens

you wont be disapointed with this camera :D

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
yeah thats a good price is that, my dad showed me that this morning, i bought the twin lens package on Jessops, go on the nikon site if you buy one before the end of the month and ull get some money back :)