ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nitrogen filled tyres

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I believe they are supposed to be better because they don't heat up.. Thats all I have :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Pointless. I think 5th did a review on this a while ago, and most garages don't use the correct things anyway.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Guy at my local farmers autocare said that filling you tyres up with nitrogen was better as nitrogen has bigger particles and air have smaller particles so you have less chance of nitrogen escaping from the tyre than you do air.

I just agreed and pumped the tyre up myself with air

Guy at my local farmers autocare said that filling you tyres up with nitrogen was better as nitrogen has bigger particles and air have smaller particles so you have less chance of nitrogen escaping from the tyre than you do air.

I just agreed and pumped the tyre up myself with air

But Nitrogen is smaller than Oxygen :S

5th gear tests showed that unless its done properly with no moisture in the air lines its worse than normal air. so unless its done by race teams your prob wasting your time as most places seemed to be incompetent suppliers

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I don't know why I was expecting great things tbh as it's just inflating the tyres, but it did just feel like inflated tyres.

its a nice novelty tbh. I get it done every now and then when I go to costco. Free nitrogen yo

I had used the on a RS4 on track with thermo TMPS to measure tyre heat, yea they did stay very consistent on track, and temp and PSI only rose slightly.

Its not even worth it for road use. IIRC you have to use special air valves to reduce moister constant...or something...(which mine never had).