ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon CHA Error

tomsteer

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

At the weekend I went to a local sprint meeting and took my camera along, took a few photos then half way through a burst the camera stopped responding and gave a CHA error. I turned the camera off and back on and all the photos on both of the CF cards had gone :dapprove:

Has anyone else had the same error? I've googled it and theres lots of other people seemingly having the same error but I've not seen any where the cards have been wiped. I've not tried to recover anything yet, may give it a go, I was only there for something to do so not overly fussed about the photos but I dont want it to happen again!!

I've had the camera and cards since the beginning of the year and its worked flawlessly so far, I'm really gutted, I've had a couple of other Nikons before again always flawless and after spending such a chunk of money on a professional level camera you just dont expect things like this to happen.

I'm going to contact Nikon but I just wondered if anyone had had a similar experience.

Camera setup at the time -

Nikon D3s - (Firmware - 1.01)
Nikon 24-70 F/2.8
2x 32Gb Tanscend 600x CF cards

Shameless plug to the photos, they're nothing special I was hungover and couldnt really be arsed :p - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?601675-Curborough-Sprint-Course-18-09-11-Photo-Heavy

Cheers,

Tom