ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon 50mm AF-S F1.4

The AF-S motor should makes this super quick at Focusing and if the quality is better than the current non AF-S version, this will be a superb lens. Its fairly light and small too.

Got the funds... just got to wait until December now! :(

Revels - f1.4 is were its at! Plus... its got AF-S so it will be super quick at AF and work on my trusty D40, plusts a completely new lens with 9 rounded aperture blades - quality should be awesome!

Monaco Blue Mk2
£265! wowzer, I was interested in a 50mm prime, I think I'll have to make do with focusing myself if I get one, not that I know how to!

£265! wowzer, I was interested in a 50mm prime, I think I'll have to make do with focusing myself if I get one, not that I know how to!

Expensive, but you get what you pay for!! The Canon f1.4 is slightly cheaper, but its been out for longer so the Nikon will drop at some point. The Sigma 50mm f1.4 is even more expensive than the the Nikon. Even the older version of Nikons f1.4 without the motor was £200.

The nikon 50mm f1.8 is a cracking lens for under £100!! Manual focus on it is ok, can be tricky as the focus ring is pretty loose. But IQ is very good for the price!

Me... I had a Christmas bonus and thought what the hell and bought the 50 AF-S. Its small, light and gives me a very trave; friendly size when I want to go light!

Sample pics, Sugar?

Been stuck indoors with a damn virus for ages, soon as I am in the land of the living I will take some! Will get some pics of it on the D60 later anyways!

Here is the little bugger, with his bigger partner in crime!!

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

f.95 must be stupid!! f1.8 is pretty shallow.

JJ, im disappointed with the lack of samples. Being ill isnt a valid excuse.

Surely everyone has taken pics of remote controls when they get a new lens? :eek:

I love mine, no problems with the build quality for me. But im used to french cars, so its clearly not something thats important to me! ;)

You rate it a lot higher than the f1.8 then? Maybe, just maybe I'll upgrade one day. Probably another body and a good few lenses to come before that though ;)

Its built very well and will survive for years and years to come! I will upgrade body at some point, but glass is where its at!!!