ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nightmare

GTD, Lupo
Not really detailing but here goes.

List of products used.

Clean pants
G220 with orange 3m pad
T-cut (ugh!)
Megs paint cleaner
Sonus Restore polish
Amigo
and a lot of praying!!!

So I'm cleaning my wheels and spraying up my spacers out the back of my house where we have a bank of three garages. I was using a tree to spray the spacers and left the can of spray paint just on the grass in front of the tree.

A few minutes later the guy who owns one of the other garages drives up across the grass, and as he does there is a massive pop and a big hiss! I then just see the rear lower lh side of his lovely silver VW T5 transporter start to turn satin black. It went everywhere all over the chrome bar that runs down the side and all over the rear wheel.

He was pretty sound about it (nice chap), but I felt sooooooooo bad. Luckily with the aid of some paint clean a little elbow grease and a DA we have managed to save it.

I had a massive s££t my pants moment as it almost dried instantly. Was totally my fault but the other chap said he was just as much to blame but he clearly wasn't to blame. If that was on my car I would have gone mental.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Would have come off with one wipe of thinners, possibly some spirit wipe. No big deal mate. Not good though.

100% his fault imo. ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So is detailing! Free polishing... nein!