ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nice juicy nail in tyre - game over?

Arctic 182
Found this bad boy earlier.....

Would like to think that it was in the road and i drove over it but I can't help but think some ****** has placed it nicely for me.

Presumably i need a replacement, it is slowly leaking air

20130615_155724_zpsfe7c6547.jpg

Toyota Paseo
Hi Sean,

Unlucky mate - I recently had a big ol' screw go through my tire - some bright spark left a load of screws and nails outside my house after doing some work and let my tire down whilst I was driving.

I went to my local kwik-fit and they said it would of been repairable for £25 - in my case my sidewall had been destroyed as I had to do a couple of yards with a flat. I got a replacement in the end because I worry about things like that but It could easily of been repaired for a lot less if I'd not had to drive on it.

Mine was roughly punctured around the same place, only difference was it was between treads.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just keep pumping it up. Be reet.

i had my fronts swapped the other day, turned out my old one had a(n actual) nail in it, god knows how long for.

in all seriousness though... Get it swapped :(

clio 172 phase 2
Legally unrepairable , but ive had tyres repaired closer than that and they have lasted thousands of miles .

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've had a tyre replaced like that. They put a patch on the inside (what's the process name again, someone?)

Was absolutely fine for about 10k after that.

Clio.
Check this beauty.....
the customer asked if I 'could repair this'. I said 'sure, I'm sure I could knock it straight again.....oh and that tyre is fooked by the way'. Hehehe!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Too close to the edge to repair unfortunately.

(Unless you can find a hooky tyre place that's willing to do it!)

Westfield, 182, 200
Had a screw in my pirelli p zero that,s about 1500 miles old. Was Sunday and I hadn't driven on it flat as it never went down.
Kwik fit was the only place open-£25 to repair a loose wheel :-(