ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
how?

​its about £2 discount, purchased separately thats £491, they're selling it for £489.......

I thought the console was £429

+ FIFA - £40
+ battlefield - £40
+ Live Points - £15

Total = £524

Or am I mistaken???

dk

911 GTS Cab
Is it permanent offer or just temporary?

I presumed it was a temp, "day one" edition.
yes thats right, but thats what we are talking about here, a pre-order for a launch console, so any other conversation wouldn't be relevant would it?

​if it wasn't free then the bundle would be £40-50 more expensive........

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
yes thats right, but thats what we are talking about here, a pre-order for a launch console, so any other conversation wouldn't be relevant would it?

​if it wasn't free then the bundle would be £40-50 more expensive........

I'm guessing it depends on whether you can get hold of one on launch day, no reason why everywhere might be out of stock unless you've preordered?

dk

911 GTS Cab
lol, no it doesn't, the bundle we are talking about is a pre-order bundle, its an online shop, shopto, at no point is anything else relevant.

We are discussing the price of a pre-order bundle, after the launch all bundles and pricing will change. For starters, if FIFA is no longer included, then you'll have to pay for it, but you won't get that bundle for the same price, as it doesn't include FIFA separately, it just mentions it because its now being provided free by MS.

Am i talking in riddles or something, this isn't that hard to grasp.

Someone posted a bundle they have ordered, someone else commented on how good the deal was, i pointed out that it wasn't as you are only saving £2 on a £500 item, now you're just complicating matters.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
lol, no it doesn't, the bundle we are talking about is a pre-order bundle, its an online shop, shopto, at no point is anything else relevant.

We are discussing the price of a pre-order bundle, after the launch all bundles and pricing will change. For starters, if FIFA is no longer included, then you'll have to pay for it, but you won't get that bundle for the same price, as it doesn't include FIFA separately, it just mentions it because its now being provided free by MS.

Am i talking in riddles or something, this isn't that hard to grasp.

Someone posted a bundle they have ordered, someone else commented on how good the deal was, i pointed out that it wasn't as you are only saving £2 on a £500 item, now you're just complicating matters.

It might not be relevant to those that are definitely per-ordering but for those that are undecided or have considered waiting until after release day then there is a saving to be had.

I for one was going to wait but this deal is tempting.

It's not rocket science.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It might not be relevant to those that are definitely per-ordering but for those that are undecided or have considered waiting until after release day then there is a saving to be had.

I for one was going to wait but this deal is tempting.

It's not rocket science.
FFS, you really aren't getting it are you?

the ONLY reason it's that price is because FIFA is now free, before it was announced as free, this bundle didn't exist, they've just added FIFA to all the existing bundles they were selling since it was announced. It's only free with the special edition day one Xbox.

after day one the bundle will either not include FIFA or will will cost 40-50 more.

its not a deal, unless you count £2 saving a deal.

you can buy any Xbox one and get the FIFA free, and then add any game you like and the deal will be them same if you added a £15 points card too.

​I have a feeling you just don't get what I am saying though. :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
I don't think there'll be a price drop for a while, especially on the ps4 as its already very competitive.

Xbox maybe, as instead of a price drop against the ps4 they've included a free game, but as yet that's only in Europe.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
FFS, you really aren't getting it are you?

the ONLY reason it's that price is because FIFA is now free, before it was announced as free, this bundle didn't exist, they've just added FIFA to all the existing bundles they were selling since it was announced. It's only free with the special edition day one Xbox.

after day one the bundle will either not include FIFA or will will cost 40-50 more.

its not a deal, unless you count £2 saving a deal.

you can buy any Xbox one and get the FIFA free, and then add any game you like and the deal will be them same if you added a £15 points card too.

​I have a feeling you just don't get what I am saying though. :(

FLOL you've basically just reiterated what I was saying, you obviously didn't read my post.

What did I say about those waiting until after release day (like I was planning on)?

I (like many) was going to wait until after release day to buy a bundle, however, as FIFA might not be free at that point I'll save more by buying now.

This is exactly why MS are offering FIFA for free, to entice those that are either undecided or want to wait.

Currently the bundle does not offer any kind of discount but in the long term (providing they don't immediately drop the price of the console or decide to offer FIFA for free, long term) there is a small saving to be had.

Anyway lets move on, I get the impression you want to argue for arguments sake.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Game are fine now, and certainly will be around until after christmas, thats for sure, the majority of their money will come from the next 4 months, especially with the launch of 2 of the biggest products of this decade.

Especially as they can sell everything at near enough RRP and get away with it as everyone else is doing the same.

Also depends whether you ant to have it delivered or walk into the store the night before and do the midnight launch thing.

none :(
think im gonna order it from game, but sod queuing at midnight, ill just get the bus into town, and get a cab back at 8/9am

Went into game today, they are no longer taking day one pre orders, they have had their allocation, went to pre order a "phase 2" but apparently that doesn't come with fifa'14.

Logged onto shop to, managed to pre order a day one release with fifa, forza & 12months gold for £499.

only the peasants.

I thought all CS'ers fitted in to one of two groups, ballers who have more cash than they know what to do with or lads who live at home with mum and dad and spend all their income plus whatever they can stick on the plastic on toys and cars. So surely there's nobody on here that should be moaning about the price?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I managed to get a day one from game, but my ps4 is a phase 2 as they stopped guaranteeing a few days before, but I might still get it on launch day apparently.

im still torn over what games to buy for what system. There's a lot of confusion as to when the games are launched for the Xbox, some places are saying that cod is released on a certain date, and that's probably before the system is even launched. I guess we'll know more once Microsoft get their head out of their arse and announce it, they want to beat the ps4 date, but it'll probably be the same as ps4 where the us one is launched before the uk one I suspect.

I've got both for day one release.

The main reason, I've not decided which I'll actually keep yet. I can't see me keeping both, as my PS3 doesn't get a look in.

There were rumours the xbone was gonna be releasing in the states on 8th November.

It could of been a photoshop or fake picture though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Right, I've decided. Going for the One due to Titanfall, Project Spark, Forza and Halo. I've loved the original Xbox and 360 so see no reason to change really - plus I much prefer the controllers.

Sorry Sony - maybe next time!