ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Essex meet - Ideas please

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
So, what do people want to do..

How's Southend looking now? roadworks done 'n dusted?

Hatfield Heath has been mentioned before.

Some where completely new and exciting? preferably without a security staff :rolleyes:

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
A nice pub with a big enough car park!

Something like seabrights barn near Chelmsford or halfway house on A127 Brentwood turnoff!

Last edited:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Hatfield Heath kinda ticked those boxes.

Has your shitbox, sorry, lovely new car, broke yet?

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
It's ok still running fine, only problem is starting up in the cold takes a while!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
LOL, Have you treated Deb to a go yet, she was telling me she was really looking forward to it :clown:

LY V6 with Recaros
It's really heavy!! Like stupidly and I have driven cars with no power steering before! I need to get down the gym haha

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
It's really heavy!! Like stupidly and I have driven cars with no power steering before! I need to get down the gym haha
I thought all the cars with no power steering were meant to have been made extinct with the very successful scrapage scheme.
Also, Col, you're not allowed to bring your 'heap' to any future meets.

went to southend on sat just gone and still road works there

:dapprove: Does that rule-out Southend or is it manageable?

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
I thought all the cars with no power steering were meant to have been made extinct with the very successful scrapage scheme.
Also, Col, you're not allowed to bring your 'heap' to any future meets.

:dapprove: Does that rule-out Southend or is it manageable?

Ok I won't bring Deb to any more meets ;)

'57' CLIO 197
thurrock services is always a big enough car park for car meets, plus got the added extra of the services for food, drink etc, plus could always move on to the retail park by lakeside, plus its close enough to the bridge for maybe the london lot to join in to make it a bigger meet? just an idea.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yup, the last lakeside/thurrock services meet we had was huge, certainly one to consider for the next meet.

Clio 1970000000
thurrock services is always a big enough car park for car meets, plus got the added extra of the services for food, drink etc, plus could always move on to the retail park by lakeside, plus its close enough to the bridge for maybe the london lot to join in to make it a bigger meet? just an idea.

Sounds ok but we were moved on from the last meet. Having seen the amazing places that meets are held at 'up norf' it would be nice to have a meet out in the country.

BMW 320d M-Sport
There must be some decent, big country manor's or something we can pitch up at and spoil the peace for a while? Hyland's Park was alright last time, tho no pub. I'm up for Hatfield Heath if it's tried and tested, question is will the supercar lot be comfortable getting on the grass? :cool:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
im up for anything too,
the closer to southend the better for me, as the old 1.2 dont pull too good :(

though no idea where to suggest in terms of holding said meet,
sorry :(

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
Yup, I think so, what we thinking, 2-3 weeks time?

Sunday 16th?

I'm doing the charity track day at the Top Gear gaff at Dunsfold so can't do that day :dapprove:

Not that it's all about me but what about the 30th May?

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
We're also going to the Charity Track Day aswell (Thanks again Adz for the link) so we can't make it either that day! Not sure on the 30th either i think theres a V6 meet and a birthday that day as well so not sure as yet!

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
We're also going to the Charity Track Day aswell (Thanks again Adz for the link) so we can't make it either that day! Not sure on the 30th either i think theres a V6 meet and a birthday that day as well so not sure as yet!

Nice one Col. Make sure you come up and say hi :D

Should be a great event with 100 supercars round the track.

Just hope the weather is good.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Most are happy with the 16th I think, stick with this or change to weekend after?

I'll edit E11OOT's thread as necessary, if we're happy with the 16th?