ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie with 172 Cup

172 Cup
Hi all,

Picked up my 172 Cup on wednesday. What a big difference between this and my old car that ive owned for nearly 3 years (vtr, pic below).

I am loving it, engine is fantastic! :approve: Its a may 2003 model with nearly 40k on it! Paid £3850 for it for those who might want to know!

The exhaust knocking is getting on my nerves, fixed the rear bracket as shown in the guide section which hasnt fixed anything :dapprove: upon closer inspection it sounds like its coming from between the middle and front of the car........ any ideas where its coming from??

Also after some spirited driving on friday the back end felt very 'floaty' was thinking it must be the dampers, so might uprate whole lot to H & Rs if i can.

Another thing thats bugging me is the engine mounts...... is it worth uprating these? If so which ones are recommended?

Cup001.jpg

Cup002.jpg

Cup003.jpg

Pics of my beloved vtr :dapprove: very sad to see it go but its time to move on to bigger and better things!

Cup004.jpg

Cant wait to get the little niggles sorted so I can maybe get it on a couple of trackdays!

Thanks Matt

Cup and R6
hey :approve:

fellow Cup noob myself, ive had probably every VAG 1.8T car under the sun before this, this is the first NA car ive ever had, still getting used to waiting to 5k revs before any power comes lol, but it makes up for that in the corners, its like a little go kart!

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
They private number plates on your clio and vtr cause the first bit is the same on both? :)